If you are fond of watching crime content, Oxygen will be the suitable channel to opt for. Oxygen is a popular American channel from NBC Universal. Oxygen is compatible with Roku and you can download it directly from the Roku Channel Store. Apart from installing Oxygen, you can access the platform through streaming services.
The channel is well-known for its shows covering true crime stories. It initially aired lifestyle shows. Later on, it has switched to streaming true crime stories and shows. Oxygen also covers the on-demand content from E!, NBC, USA, Syfy, and more.
This article will guide you through the ways to access the Oxygen channel on your Roku device.
What’s on Oxygen
- Offers live and scheduled content 24/7.
- You can resume watching the content from where you left off.
- With an NBCUniversal Profile, you can sync content on all devices.
- Watch the popular shows Snapped, Killer Couples, and more exclusively.
How to Install Oxygen on Roku
The Oxygen app is free to download from the Channel Store. You need a TV Service provider subscription to sign in to the app. Apart from the TV providers, Oxygen doesn’t have a separate subscription.
1. Connect the Roku device to your TV and turn it on.
2. On your home screen, choose the Streaming Channel option.
3. From the Streaming Channels section, select the Search Channel option.
4. Search for Oxygen Channel in the Roku Channel Store
5. Choose the Add Channel option to install the channel on Roku.
6. Finally, click OK as the download completes and select Go to Channel to launch the app.
How to Activate Oxygen on Roku
It is necessary to activate Oxygen on your Roku to access the content.
1. Launch the Oxygen Channel from the home screen.
2. Click on the Sign In option.
3. Note down the Activation Code that appears on the screen.
4. From a web browser, visit the Oxygen Activation Website [https://www.oxygen.com/link] or [https://www.nbc.com/nbcuniversalfamily/activate?brand=oxygen] on your PC or Smartphone.
5. Enter the activation code and click on Activate.
6. Go to the Oxygen app and choose the content for streaming.
How to Stream Oxygen on Roku Without Cable
You can stream all the mind-blowing shows with the Oxygen channel. There are a few streaming services on Roku that provide the Oxygen in its channel lineup. Install the suitable streaming services from the below-mentioned on your Roku to stream the shows.
YouTube TV is a popular streaming service for live TV channels. It streams around 100+ popular channels at $72.99/month. Further, you can stream Oxygen on YouTube TV. Additionally, watch ABC, BBC America, Bravo, FX, DIY, FYI, Hallmark Channel, and HGTV on YouTube TV. The service offers a 5-21 day free trial, which lets you explore the platform and features, such as unlimited cloud DVR, etc.
fuboTV is a premium streaming service, and it provides a lot of popular sports TV channels. The fuboTV plans start at $74.99/month with 100+ channels. Additionally, you can get other popular channels with add-on packages. It has a 7-day free trial period which lets you explore the service before you make a subscription.
Hulu is yet another familiar streaming service that has both live TV and on-demand content. It has both ad-based and ad-free plans. Hulu’s live TV plans cost you $69.99/month, and you will get 80+ TV channels. The channel lineup includes Oxygen, A&E, Bravo, ESPN, TNT, truTV, MTV, and VH1. Unfortunately, Hulu live TV plans don’t offer a free trial to users.
Sling TV is one of the affordable services that offer the Oxygen channel in its lineup. You can access Oxygen on the Sling Orange plan which starts at $40/month. The service has premium add-ons that need to be subscribed along with the regular subscription. Unlike other platforms, Sling TV offers limited DVR storage of 50 hours.
From the above-mentioned streaming services, DirecTV Stream is slightly priced higher, as you can Oxygen with the Ultimate plan at $109.99/month. The Ultimate plan gives you nearly 140+ channels that come with unlimited cloud DVR and streaming devices. With this plan, you can even access Regional Sports Network as well without additional costs.
Yes, you can mirror the Oxygen app from your smartphone to Roku.
If the Oxygen channel stops working on Roku, ensure the device receives a strong internet connection. Restart the app and Roku. Update the app to the new version if it is outdated.