FS1 is a subchannel of FOX Sports and it doesn’t have a standalone channel for Roku. However, you can watch live games and get frequent updates by installing FOX Sports on Roku available on the Channel Store.
FOX Sports carries the on-demand content of the FS1 channel. FS1 covers the popular leagues NFL, MLB, NASCAR, WWE, MLS, and more in high streaming quality. The platform provides more insights regarding the player, team, shows, and personalities.
You can install and activate the FOX Sports Channel on your Roku within a few minutes by following this expert guide. We have included streaming services which is an alternative way to watch FS1 on Roku.
How to Get FS1 on Roku
As previously mentioned, FS1 is included in FOX Sports. Remember that you need a TV Provider subscription, to stream live games.
1. From the Roku home screen, navigate to the Streaming Channels.
2. Scroll down and select the Search Channels option.
3. Search for FOX Sports on the Roku Channel Store.
4. Select FOX Sports from the search results.
5. Click Add Channel to install the FOX Sports app on Roku.
6. Once the FOX Sports app installation is complete, select OK in the prompt.
7. Select the Go to Channel option to launch the FOX Sports app.
Note: With FOX Sports on streaming services, you can stream live matches of MLS on Roku without Season Pass.
How to Activate FOX Sports on Roku
Activating FOX Sports is necessary to access the content on your Roku device.
1. Once you launch, you can see an activation code display on the screen of your TV. If you can’t find the activation code, select the Sign In button to generate one.
2. Open a web browser on your PC or smartphone and go to the activation website – https://go.foxsports.com
3. Enter the activation code and hit the Submit button.
4. Sign in with your cable TV provider to activate the FOX Sports app.
5. Go back to the FOX Sports app, and you can now stream the sports content live from the FS1 channel.
How to Watch the FOX Sports 1 Channel on Roku Without Cable
The alternative method to stream the FS1 channel on Roku is streaming services. The following streaming services offer live streaming of the FS1 channel, and they are available in the Roku Channel Store.
Hulu on Roku can be considered the best live TV service provider. It streams over 70+ live TV channels, popular movies, TV shows, and on-demand content. The channel lineup includes the FS1 TV channel along with other FOX Sports channels.
You need to subscribe to the Hulu+Live TV plan at $69.99 per month to get the FS1 channel. Moreover, it has an unlimited cloud DVR storage feature that you can use to record your favorite shows.
Sling TV is one of the affordable streaming service options you have left to stream the FS1 channel. With its subscription, you can watch over 40+ live TV channels. You can record your favorite shows with 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage. Sling TV is compatible with Roku and can be downloaded from the Channel Store.
Sling TV offers the FS1 channel in the Blue package. The Sling Blue plan costs $40 per month to stream the FS1 channel. You can get the combined Orange and Blue Package at $55 per month.
The DirecTV Stream also offers the FS1 channels on its channel lineup. In addition, it offers over 150+ live TV channels and unlimited cloud DVR storage to record your favorite shows. DirecTV Stream has a native app for Roku and can be installed from the Channel Store.
The DirecTV Stream offers four different subscription plans, and they are Entertainment, Choice, Ultimate, and Premier. You can get the FS1 Channel on all these four subscriptions. Subscribe to the Entertainment plan at $69.99 per month to get the FS1 channel.
Apart from the above mentions, there are other streaming services available for watching the FS1 channel. They are fuboTV and YouTube TV. Apart from live sports, it also has news programs and other TV shows related to sports.
Yes, the FOX Sports app is free to install on Roku. You need a TV provider subscription to stream the content.
You can use the free trial offered by the supported streaming services to watch the FS1 channel for free.