Plex is one of the never miss and most popular media servers. If you regret missing the official Kodi for Roku, then Plex can be used as the best replacement. So, it is unlike Kodi as Plex is available as a standalone service. It is freeware and is most often used to stream movies and TV shows. With the Plex media server, you can also access your personal media collection in addition to streaming online. With Plex and Roku, you will never miss any live TV content. So, you can stream live news, web shows, and more without a cable subscription.
Features of Plex
Find out the latest features of the Plex app from the points listed below.
- Stream almost any movies, TV shows, music, videos, series, news, sports, etc.
- You can easily organize your photos, shows, music, and more. Also, you can get the DVR feature with Plex.
- Get personalized video news from more than 190 publishers from around the world.
- Find artworks, rich descriptions, and more related information for every other show.
- Plex users can further search for a favorite podcast or discover new music via personalized recommendations.
Plex Subscription Plans
A subscription is not mandatory to access the Plex platform. However, you will get additional features like unlimited live TV and DVR. Also, you can download your favorites and even can skip intros of your online streaming. And the Plex platform offers three subscription plans. They are:
Monthly: $4.99 per month
Annual: $39.99 per month
Lifetime: $119.99 per month
Also, you can get a subscription from Plex at https://www.plex.tv/plex-pass/.
Note: Upon subscribing to Plex premium subscription, you can access the Plex media server.
How to Add Plex on Roku?
Getting Plex to the Roku device is effortless if you follow the steps given beneath.
#1. First, turn on your Roku device and go to the home screen.
#2. Navigate through the home screen and select Streaming Channels.
#3. After that, click on the Search Channels option.
#4. Use the on-screen keys to type as Plex in the search bar.
#5. Further, choose Plex when the list of suggestions is shown.
#6. Click on the Add Channel button on the Plex channel description page.
#7. Once the Plex channel is added to the home screen, select the OK button.
#8. After that, select the Go to Channel option to launch the channel.
Alternative Method – Add Plex on Roku
As an alternative method, you can use the official website of the Roku Channel Store to add Plex to your Roku device or TV.
1. Ope any web browser on any device.
2. Next, input the official website of the Roku Channel Store in the URL box and search it.
3. After that, log in with your Roku account.
4. Use the search box to search for the Plex channel. Then, choose the Plex channel from the search result.
5. Now, click on the Add Channel button.
Finally, once you update Roku, the Plex channel will be added instantly.
How to Activate Plex on Roku?
If you are about to use Plex for the first time on the Roku device, then you must activate it.
#1. Firstly, launch the Plex channel.
#2. Enter details to sign in to your Plex account. You will get an activation code.
#3. Meanwhile, open the browser on the PC and go to plex.tv/link/.
#4. If you have an account on Plex, use the credentials to login into your account or create a new account.
#5. Provide the activation code shown on the Roku TV and click on the Submit button.
#6. That’s it. Your Roku device is successfully linked to your Plex account at last. You can start streaming the media.
#7. Finally, you can launch the Plex channel and enjoy streaming its content.
Alternative Method – Stream Plex on Roku
By enabling the screen mirroring on Roku, you can screen mirror the Plex app to Roku from the Android smartphone.
1. Start by connecting your Roku and Android smartphone to the same wifi network.
2. After that, launch the Plex app on your Android smartphone. If you haven’t installed the Plex app, install the app from the Google Play Store.
3. Next, sign in to your account.
4. Bring down the Notification Panel by swiping up your Android smartphone’s screen from up to down. From there, tap on the Cast icon.
5. Now, a list of available devices will show up on your Android smartphone’s screen.
6. Choose your Roku device from the list.
7. Return to the Plex app and mirror its content to your streaming device.
Yes, Plex is easy to add to Roku from the channel store.
Yes, you can easily get the Plex on your Roku device or TV.
You must have a stable internet connection for the Plex channel to work. Only then you can stream your favorites without any interruption.