Rakuten TV is a leading streaming service on Roku that provides the best cinema-at-home experience with top Hollywood movies, exclusive documentaries, and linear channels. The video-on-demand service is known for its impressive catalog of titles, including It: Chapter Two, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, The Lion King, Angel Has Fallen, and much more. You can rent or purchase the 4K or UHD premium movies and shows on this platform.
Apart from its paid content, this Transactional video-on-demand (TVOD) platform allows you to explore its hand-picked premium movies and shows for free through Rakuten TV Free. Rakuten TV is available in the Roku Channel Store, so direct installation of the channel is possible on Roku.
How Much is Rakuten TV on Roku?
It does not cost anything to create an account on Rakuten TV. But to access its premium content, you need to rent or purchase them using any of its accepted payment methods. The price varies from content to content.
- Rent: Starts from £4.99 up to £15.99
- Purchase: Starts from £9.99 up to £13.99
What’s on Rakuten TV?
- Rakuten TV brings you amazing content without contracts.
- Enjoy its premium shows and movies with the best audio & video quality.
- Create your own customized wish lists of movies & series for streaming.
- Its library includes worldwide sought-after shows like Toy Story 4, Rocketman, MIB International, and Pulp Fiction.
- Viewers can earn points by renting or purchasing premium movies and also use them as the mode of payment for the service.
How to Add Rakuten TV on Roku
1. Turn on your Roku TV or connect your Roku device to the HDMI port of your TV.
2. From the sidebar of the home screen, choose the Streaming Channels option.
3. Further, navigate to and select the Search Channels option.
4. Search for Rakuten TV using the virtual keyboard.
5. Pick the Rakuten TV channel from the search results.
6. Click on the Add Channel button to initiate the download.
7. Press the OK button as the download finishes.
8. Then, choose the Go to Channel option to launch the Rakuten TV channel on your device.
9. Start streaming the amazing shows from the Rakuten TVs library on your TV.
Alternate Method to Add Rakuten TV to Roku
1. On any web browser on your Smartphone or PC, visit the Roku Channel Store‘s official website.
2. Tap on the Sign in at the upper right corner.
3. Provide your Roku credentials to log in to your account.
4. Locate the Search channels tab and enter Rakuten TV.
5. Proceed with the search and choose the Details button next to the app.
6. Tap the + Add Channel button on the info page to add the channel to your Roku device.
Note: It might take around 24 hours for Rakuten TV to be added to your Roku device. To add the channel instantly, you need to update your Roku firmware.
How to Log in and Watch Rakuten TV on Roku
1. Launch the Rakuten TV app on your Roku device.
2. Provide the email address and password that you used to create an account on the platform.
3. Your device gets paired to the channel. Now, the app will redirect you to the Home page.
4. Rent or purchase a movie and watch it on your Roku device.
Alternate Way to Watch Rakuten TV on Roku – Screen Mirroring
Since Rakuten TV is available as an app on Android & iOS devices, you can screen mirror it from those devices and watch in on Roku easily. Before we start with the screen mirroring process, we need to take care of a few prerequisites. They are:
- Connect the screen mirroring device and your Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Turn on the Screen mirroring option on Roku.
- Download the Rakuten TV app from the respective app store on your Android Smartphone or iPhone.
Screen Mirror Rakuten TV to Roku from Android Device
1. Switch on your Android device and ensure it is connected to the internet.
2. Then, navigate to the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
3. Your Android device will display a list of nearby devices. Choose your Roku device from it.
4. The Android device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
5. Launch the Rakuten TV app and log into your respective account.
6. Pay for a movie or TV show and watch it on your mobile and Roku simultaneously.
Screen Mirror Rakuten TV to Roku from iPhone
1. Open the Control Center on your iPhone.
2. Find the Screen Mirroring icon on the screen and tap on it.
3. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
4. After connection, the iPhone’s screen will appear on the Roku screen.
5. Open the Rakuten TV app on your iPhone and then sign in to your account.
6. Choose a movie or TV show, pay for the same, and start watching it. The played content will appear on your Roku screen too.
No, Rakuten TV does not support the offline feature on Roku devices.
No, Rakuten TV is geo-restricted and is only available in Europe.