Have you recently purchased smart home automation products like video doorbells or security cameras from Ring? Then, you can install the Ring app and set up your smart home automation products to stream the security footages live. Additionally, you can also stream the security footages live on your Roku using the Ring app.
Note: You can purchase the Ring’s security products through its official website.
Is the Ring App Available on Roku
Now, you can’t find the Ring app on the Channel Store. But the app is available on your Android and iOS device. So, the only option you have left is to screen mirror the Ring app to Roku from Android or iOS devices.
How to Get the Ring App on Roku
You can get the Ring app on your Roku in two ways. They are:
- Screen Mirror Ring App to Roku from Android devices
- Screen Mirror Ring App to Roku from iOS devices
Screen Mirror Ring App to Roku from Android devices
First, enable the screen mirroring on Roku and follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Google Play Store and install the Ring app.
2. Next, make sure to connect your Android device and Roku to the same wifi network.
3. Pull down the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
4. Now, from the nearby devices list, select your Roku device.
5. Once connected, your Android device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
6. Launch the Ring app and sign in to your account.
7. Tap the Menu icon from the upper left corner.
8. Select the Set Up a device option.
9. Choose the doorbell camera or security cam and set it up.
10. Next, go back to the home screen of the Ring app.
11. Choose the security camera from which you want to watch the live feed.
12. Now, you can stream the live security feed on your Roku.
Screen Mirror Ring App to Roku from iOS Devices
Enable the AirPlay option on Roku from the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings. After that, you can follow the steps below:
1. Get the Ring app from the App Store on your iOS device.
2. After that, ensure you have connected your iOS device and Roku are connected to the same wifi network.
3. Swipe down the Control Center and hit the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Now, select your Roku device’s name from the list.
5. Enter the AirPlay Passcode on your iOS device if required.
Note: You can find the AirPlay Passcode on your Roku TV screen.
6. Now, your iOS device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
7. Launch the Ring app and set up your security device.
8. After that, choose the specific security camera to watch the feed.
9. Now, you will be able to stream the security footage live on your Roku.
The Ring smart home products are the best in the industry for video doorbells and security cameras. Moreover, with the Ring app, you can stream the security feed live anywhere in the world. So, for now, screen mirroring is the only way to stream the security footage live on your Roku.