Sleep Timer is a feature on your Roku that automatically turns off your TV display after a specific period of time. There may be a situation where you have forgotten to turn off your Roku at night. If it’s the regular case for you, you can just simply enable the sleep timer to power off the screen of your TV automatically. So, this feature will help you late at night while you are watching live TV programs or your favorite movies and TV shows.
How to Turn On Sleep Timer on Roku
There are four ways to turn on Sleep Timer on Roku. They are:
- Using Roku Settings
- Using Shortcut tile
- With Remote Shortcut
- Using Voice Command
Turn On Sleep Timer from Roku Settings
1. From the Roku home screen, select Settings.
2. Select the System option from the menu.
3. Then, click on the Time option.
4. Now, choose Sleep timer from the available options.
5. Pick any one of the time intervals that appears on the screen (30 minutes, 1 hour, 1.5 hours, 2 hours, 3 hours).
After this process, the sleep timer will be enabled. After that, your TV screen will turn off automatically within the saved time.
With the updated Roku, you can find the Sleep Timer option on the home screen. With that, you can get easy access to the Sleep Timer feature.
1. Press the Home button on your remote.
2. Hit the Right Arrow button on your remote to open the channel’s grid.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select the Sleep Timer option.
4. Next, follow the on-screen prompts to enable the Sleep Timer feature.
You also have the option to turn on the Sleep Timer on Roku while streaming music, movie, and TV shows.
1. Press the Asterisk (*) button on your remote while playing a movie or TV show.
2. Next, scroll down and select the Sleep Timer option.
3. After that, choose the time interval you need and press the OK button on your remote.
That’s all! You have successfully enabled the Sleep Timer feature.
You also have the option to turn on the Sleep Timer option using voice commands.
1. Press and hold the Voice button on your Roku remote.
2. Then, you can specify the time interval :
“Turn off the TV in 1 hour“
“set sleep timer for 2 hours“
or by using a specific time
” Turn off the TV at 10 pm“
” Set sleep timer for 1 am“
So, with the voice command feature, you can easily turn on the Sleep Timer without going through the hassled process.
To turn off Sleep Timer on Roku, go to Settings > System > Time > Sleep Timer > Off.
No, but you can enable the sleep timer to turn off your TV’s screen automatically.