Eventhough there are a lot of advantages to your Roku, there are also a lot of disadvantages. One of the issues is the Roku stuck on the purple screen issue. This is the issue that is often discussed in the Roku Community. When this issue arises, you can only see a purple display on your Roku. In this scenario, your streaming will be distorted. So, if it’s the scenario for you, you might want to troubleshoot the issue as soon as possible.
Why My Roku is Stuck on the Purple Screen
If there are any problems with your HDMI cable, like a loose connection, problems with the HDMI cord, or more, it can cause a purple screen on your Roku. Also, there might be a chance that the purple screen issue is because of the HDCP (High Bandwidth Digital Copyright Protection) error that is applied to the HDMI port. But this issue is nothing much serious. That means you can easily fix the issue.
How to Fix Roku Stuck on Purple Screen Issue
You can use the below methods to solve the purple screen issue:
- Plug the HDMI Cable Firmly
- Switch the Ends of the HDMI Cable
- Replace the HDMI Cable
- Check Display Settings
- Reboot Your Roku Device
- Hard Reset Your Roku Device
1. Plug the HDMI Cable Firmly
There might be some problems with the HDMI cable connecting your Roku. It can cause your display to appear purple. Unplug the cable from both devices and plug it back into the ports firmly. Now, check whether the issue is solved.
2. Switch the Ends of the HDMI Cable
If there are any issues with the HDMI port or the HDMI cord, it can cause a purple screen issue. So first, switch the ends of your HDMI cord and connect the cord to a different HDMI port. Now, check if you can see any pictures on your TV.
3. Replace the HDMI Cable
If troubleshooting the HDMI cable doesn’t solve the issue,
4. Check Display Settings
1. On your Roku home screen, select the Settings option.
2. Choose the Display Type option under Settings.
3. Manually keep changing the resolutions until your Roku screen flashes and throws an HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Copy Protection) error.
4. Press the Home button on your Roku remote to dismiss the error message.
5. Now, confirm the resolution and again press the Home button to dismiss the message.
5. Reboot Your Roku Device
Since your Roku device is stuck on a purple screen, you need to use your remote to reboot your Roku device.
1. Press the Home button 5 times and press the Up Arrow button 1 time.
2. Press the Rewind button 2 times and press the Fast Forward button 2 times.
3. Your Roku device will turn off, and after a few seconds, it will turn on automatically. Then, check whether the issue is solved or not.
6. Hard Reset Your Roku Device
If you have tried all the methods and the problem is still there, then you can try resetting your Roku device to fix the problem.
1. First, find the Reset button on your Roku device.
2. Press and hold the button for at least 20 seconds.
3. You can now see the light blinking rapidly on the indicator. That means your Roku reset is complete.
After that, check if the issue is fixed or not.