The factory reset feature is available on all Roku device models. This feature is specially made available for troubleshooting purposes. Enabling this feature will completely erase all the Settings and data stored on your Roku. Thereby eliminating all the errors on Roku. Also, you can reset Roku if you are going to sell it, as it will delete your account credentials.
Try This First
You already know that resetting Roku erases all the channels and Settings in it. So, if you don’t want the channels to be deleted, you can try restarting your Roku.
1. Go to Settings from the Roku home screen.
2. Navigate to and select the System option.
3. Choose the System Restart option.
4. Hit the Restart option.
Once the above process is complete, your Roku device will turn off by itself and turn on again. Now, check if the issues on your Roku device are resolved. If the issues on your Roku are not yet resolved, you can continue reading this article to learn how to reset Roku.
How to Factory Reset Roku TV
There are two ways to Reset Roku. They are:
- Reset Roku TV with Remote
- Reset Roku TV without Remote
Factory Reset Roku With Remote
1. Turn on your Roku and press the Home button on your remote.
2. Scroll down and select the Settings menu.
3. From Settings, choose the System option.
4. Scroll down and select Advanced System Settings.
5. Choose the Factory reset option.
6. Enter the Pin displayed on your screen and then click OK to start the reset process.
7. Finally, click on the Start factory reset button from the pop-up window and complete the resetting process.
After this, your Roku will shutdown automatically
Factory Reset Roku Without a Remote
If you have a Roku TV, resetting your TV is simple, and it can be done without a remote.
Note: The following method is most suitable to reset your Roku TV if you can only see a black screen on the TV screen.
1. On the backside of your TV, you can find the Reset button.
2. Based on your TV model, the Reset button may be tactical or Pinhole based.
3. Press and hold the Reset button or take a paperclip and insert it into the pinhole gently.
4. Once you see the status light flashing rapidly, you can release the hold on the Reset button or take the paperclip out of the pinhole.
BONUS: How to Reset Roku using the Roku App
In case your Roku remote is not working, and your TV screen is not frozen, you can use the Roku app available on the Google Play Store or the App Store to control your Roku temporarily.
1. Launch the Roku app on your Android or iOS devices.
Roku app for Android device: Google Play Store
Roku app for iOS device: App Store
2. From the bottom of the Roku app, tap on the Devices tab.
3. Ensure that you have connected your Android or iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network.
4. Next, your Roku device will appear on the list of available devices in the Roku app.
5. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
6. Once you connect the Roku device to the Roku app, a list of options will appear.
7. Tap on the Remote tab, and you can see the Remote interface.
8. Now, you can use the remote interface to go to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset.
9. After resetting Roku, you need to do the following:
- Set up Roku
- Sign in to your Roku account
- Create a Roku PIN for Parental Control Settings
- Broadcast channel scan if you have connected HDMI antenna to Roku
On certain models, you can find the Reset button on the backside of your Roku device.
While your Roku TV is turned on, press the Mute and Power button on your remote. Then, unplug the power cord of your TV and plug it in after 2 minutes. After that, turn on your Roku TV and release the button on your remote. This resets your TV.
First, restart your Roku. After that, remove the battery cover of your remote and press and hold the Pairing button until the status light flashes green. This unpairs your Roku remote with your TV. The next thing you have to do is once again you have to pair your Roku remote.