SoundCloud is a global online audio streaming platform where listeners get a chance to interact with creators through their comments. The artist-first platform has held deals with notable recording studios, including Universal Music & Warner Bros. Users can thus stream music from famous artists like Adele, Taylor Swift, and Kanye West. They can also play plenty of independent tracks on SoundCloud. The platform enables its users to listen to 30 million+ music tracks. Unfortunately, Direct direct download and access to the platform is impossible on Roku as it is unavailable in the Roku Channel Store. Still, you can play SoundCloud on your Roku device by screen mirroring its app or website from an Android Smartphone, iPhone, Windows, and Mac.
How Much is SoundCloud?
Users can access the SoundCloud app basically for free. But they need to bear with ads between audio tracks. Premium plans are also available for ad-free access and to avail certain unique features. Below are the premium plans offered by the platform.
- SoundCloud Go: $4.99 per month
- SoundCloud Go+: $9.99 per month
- SoundCloud DJ: $19.99 per month
What’s on SoundCloud?
- Listeners get to save unlimited tracks for offline listening with all its premium plans.
- Artists can earn money for the monetized plays generated with their SoundCloud account.
- Discover new music with ease on the platform and share the same with anyone instantly.
- Create your own playlist with all your favorite tracks or podcasts.
- Stream, like, and comment on your most desirable audio tracks.
How to Sign Up for SoundCloud
1. Go to the official website of SoundCloud on any web browser.
2. Click on the Create account at the top right corner.
3. Provide your email address and give a password for your account.
4. Confirm your email address through the mail sent from SoundCloud.
5. Now, a free account is created with your details.
6. Sign in to your account and then purchase a subscription of your choice for ad-free listening and extended features.
7. Complete the payment process of the chosen premium plan. After the successful completion of the payment process, you can listen to music and podcasts without ads.
Ways to Access SoundCloud on Roku
As previously discussed, screen mirroring is the only possible way to access SoundCloud on Roku. The below-mentioned devices are suitable for screen mirroring the SoundCloud app or website to Roku:
Get on with the following prerequisites before starting with the screen mirroring process of SoundCloud:
- Connect your Roku and the screen mirroring device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Enable the screen mirroring option on your Roku device or TV.
- Download the SoundCloud app on the respective device.
How to Screen Mirror SoundCloud to Roku from Android Smartphone
1. Install the SoundCloud app from the Google Play Store.
2. Next, launch the SoundCloud app and sign in to your account.
3. Swipe your Android device’s screen up to down to bring up the Notification Panel.
4. From the Notification Panel, tap on the Cast icon. Next, choose your Roku device from the list.
5. Refresh your Roku device and make sure the connection is made.
6. Launch the SoundCloud app running in the background and play any music to listen to it on your Roku-connected TV.
How to Screen Mirror SoundCloud to Roku from iPhone
1. Go to the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Search and install the SoundCloud app from App Store.
3. Next, open the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring option.
4. Now, choose your Roku device.
5. Then, launch the SoundCloud app.
6. Input your subscription account credentials within the SoundCloud app and sign in to your account.
7. Now, you can stream any music on your iPhone to listen to it on your Roku TV.
How to Screen Mirror SoundCloud to Roku from Windows
1. On any web browser, visit the official website of SoundCloud.
2. Then, sign in with your subscription account.
3. On the website, play any music you like.
4. Next, press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
5. Now, the Cast pop-up window opens up. Choose your Roku device from the side menu and connect your PC to it.
6. After the connection is made, the music you have selected from SoundCloud will play on your TV.
How to Screen Mirror SoundCloud to Roku from Mac
1. Switch on your Mac and connect it to the internet.
2. Navigate to the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
3. Then, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices and connect to it.
4. Go to the SoundCloud website on any web browser.
5. Sign in to your account and start screen mirroring it to Roku from Mac.
You can screen mirror the SoundCloud app from your Android mobile or iPhone to listen to music on your Roku TV. You can even cast the platform’s website to Roku from your Windows or Mac PC.
Leading music platforms like Spotify, Amazon Music, Apple Music, and YouTube Music on Roku can be considered the best alternatives for SoundCloud.