It is an on-demand streaming platform that helps to Rent or Buy your favorite movies anytime and anywhere using your device. By doing this, you can earn AMC Stubs points which can be utilized for in-theatre rewards. You can find all your movie purchases and active rentals in the library section. In addition, you can save movies to Watch List to play them later using your device. There is no subscription needed to start streaming movies. It is available for Windows or Mac computers, Android or iOS mobile, and tablet devices. You can also stream AMC Theatres On-Demand on televisions like Samsung, LG Smart TVs, and Roku devices.
Related: How to watch AMC Channel on Roku
Highlights of AMC Theatres On Demand App
AMC Theatres On Demand user interface is so simple. It has two main menu sections, Featured and Explored. Under Featured sections, you can find New Releases, Top Rentals, Sales, $3.99 and Under Rentals, and other categories like Comedy Hour and Blockbuster Action. In the Explore section, you can browse movies by genres such as Action, Comedy, Drama, Sci-Fi, Horror, and Suspense.
Benefits of AMC Plans
If you would like to stream movies at home and don’t like to visit actual theatres, a Free Stubs Membership is more than sufficient. But if you would like to watch movies in theatres and save money, there are some options here.
1) Premier Membership
This plan costs $20 per year. It will provide free upgrades on popcorn and fountain drinks and access to priority lanes at the box office and the concessions stand. You also don’t have to pay any ticketing fees when you purchase tickets on the AMC website.
2) A-List Membership
The package varies between $20 to $40 per month and gives you complete access to Premier memberships, plus you can watch up to 3 movies a week in the theater for free.
How to Add AMC Theatres On Demand on Roku
The following step-by-step instructions are to install and use the AMC Theatres On-Demand application on your Roku television.
(1) Connect your Roku device to the TV using an HDMI port.
(2) Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
(3) Once the home screen appears, scroll down to select the Streaming channels option.
(4) Navigate to the search bar and type AMC Theatres On-Demand using the on-screen keyboard.
(5) Select the suggestions, then click the Add Channel button to initiate the installation process.
(6) When it is completed, you can see the Go to Channel option on the screen. Click on it to continue.
(7) It will take you to the home page of the AMC Theatres On Demand app.
(8) Log in using your credentials and follow the on-screen prompts to finish the registration process.
(9) You can browse your favorite movies by genre and click on the respective option of your choice.
(10) You can also use the search option to browse for a particular movie.
Related: How to watch Skitter TV on Roku
Alternative Method – How to Screen Mirror AMC Theatres On Demand on Roku
The AMC On Demand app is available in the Google Play Store and the App Store. So, the following are the steps on how to screen Mirror AMC Theatres On Demand app to Roku.
Important Note: Enable the Screen Mirroring feature on your Roku from Settings > System > Screen mirroring > Screen mirroring mode. Then, you can click on the Prompt or Allways Allow option to enable the screen mirroring feature on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror AMC Theatres On Demand on Roku from Android Smartphone
1. Launch the AMC Theatres app on your Android Smartphone. If you haven’t installed the AMC Theatres app, you can install the app from the Google Play Store.
2. Don’t forget to connect your Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku TV.
3. Next, launch the AMC Theatres app and sign in to your account.
4. Then, choose any on-demand content and play it.
5. Then, open the Notification Panel of your Android Smartphone.
6. From the Notification Panel, tap on Cast and choose your Roku device.
7. Now, you can watch the on-demand content from the AMC Theatres on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror AMC Theatres on Demand on Roku from iOS Smartphone
Update your iOS and Roku device’s firmware and follow the steps below.
1. Install the AMC Theatres app from the App Store on your iOS Smartphone.
2. Ensure that you have connected your iOS Smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Go to the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
4. Now, choose your Roku device to initiate a mirroring connection.
5. Once the connection is successful, your iOS Smartphone’s screen will be mirrored to your Roku TV.
6. Then, you can launch the AMC Theatres app and sign in to your account.
7. Finally, you can choose and play any on-demand content and watch it on your Roku TV.
You can Rent/Buy top movies like Don’t Breathe, Escape Room, Fast and Furious, and more only on AMC Theatres On Demand. In addition, you can make use of membership plans if you’re a movie buff and love to enjoy real cinematic experiences such as IMAX, Dolby Atmos, and RealD 3D and unlock perks and benefits in actual theatres. For more details, visit the webpage, amctheatres.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the AMC Theatres On Demand is available in the Channel Store.
No, you need to purchase or rent an On-demand movie to watch it.