Roku is a popular streaming device where you can watch tons of Channels from different categories like Entertainment, Sports, News, Music, and more. Besides streaming the channels available on Roku, you can also cast content from any other device to Roku. But, this would be possible only if the streaming service app is installed on both Roku and the smartphone. By doing so, we can view content on a bigger screen. So, we will be able to cast the contents on Roku using devices like Android, iOS device, Mac, and Windows PC.
Methods to Cast Contents to Roku
There are many ways for you to cast contents from your device to Roku.
- Cast Using the built-in Chromecast feature to Roku
- Cast Using Screen Mirroring to Roku
- Cast Using Third-Pary Apps
Cast Using the Built-in Chromecast Feature to Roku
Nowadays, a lot of apps come with a built-in Chromecast feature. Using this feature, you can easily play the content directly using the application from your Smartphone to Roku. Some of the apps with Chromecast include Netflix, YouTube, HBO Max, and more.
How to Cast Netflix to Roku Using Android Devices
2. Similarly, install the Netflix app on your Android device from the Play Store.
3. Once the installation is over, open the Netflix app on your mobile device.
4. Sign in using your Netflix account details.
- Login to the Netflix app on your Roku and smartphone using the same credentials.
5. Click on the Cast icon on the top right side of the screen.
Note: In some apps, the Cast icon will only appear during playback.
6. From the list of available Roku devices, choose your Roku device and click on OK.
Note: Both devices should be connected to the same WiFi network.
7. The Netflix app on your Roku will launch automatically and stream your favorite content.
How to Cast YouTube to Roku Using iOS Devices
1. Turn on your iOS device and install the YouTube app from the App Store.
3. Launch the YouTube app on your mobile device, and sign in using your Google account.
- Log in to the YouTube app on your Roku and smartphone using the same credentials.
4. Tap on the Cast icon, and from the available devices, choose your Roku device.
Note: You must connect your iOS device and Roku to the same WiFi network.
5. The YouTube channel on your Roku will open automatically, and enjoy watching the content.
How to Cast Using Screen Mirroring to Roku
There are many methods that you can use to screen share depending on the device you wish to stream to Roku.
- Cast to Roku Using Android Device
- Cast to Roku Using Windows PC
- Cast to Roku Using iOS Device
- Cast to Roku Using Mac PC
Pre-Requisites To Cast Content on Roku
Before you start casting anything to Roku, certain conditions must be met.
- Screen Mirroring on Your Roku Device Should be Enabled
- When Screen Mirroring From Apple Devices, AirPlay Should Be Enabled on Roku
How to Cast to Roku TV Using Android Device
If you are using an Android device and want to mirror content on Roku,
1. Connect your Android and Roku devices to the same WiFi network.
2. On your Android device, go to the Notification panel and click on Cast.
3. Choose your Roku from the available devices, and on your Roku device, select Allow.
4. You can now stream the contents from your Android screen to Roku.
5. Open the app you want and enjoy streaming it on Android.
How to Cast to Roku Using Windows PC
1. Make sure your Roku device and Windows are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Press Windows + k on your keyboard. A Connect window will appear on the right side of the screen.
3. From the list of devices, select your Roku device.
4. On Roku, click on Allow to enable screen mirroring on Roku.
5. The contents on the windows screen will be shared to your Roku device.
6. Launch the browser and search for your favorite streaming service.
7. Now, enjoy watching the content from the streaming platform to your Roku.
How to Cast to Roku Using iOS Device
1. Check whether AirPlay is enabled on Roku.
2. Connect both your devices to the same WiFi network.
3. On your iOS device, go to the Control Panel.
4. Select Screen Mirroring and choose your Roku device.
5. On the popup message that appears on your Roku device, click on Allow.
6. Your iOS screen will be mirrored to your Roku.
7. Open any app on your iOS device and stream it on your Roku.
How to Cast to Roku Using Mac
1. Make sure you connect Roku and Mac to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. On the Mac home screen, select the Control Panel icon on the top right side of the screen.
3. Click on Screen Mirroring and choose the Roku device from the available devices.
4. Select Allow on your Roku, and the contents on your Mac PC will be mirrored to the Roku device.
5. Open your Safari app and go to any streaming website you want.
6. Enjoy watching movies and TV series on your Roku.
Cast Using Third-Party Apps
Other than the above-mentioned methods, you can try casting from your device to Roku using Third-Party Apps. There are many such apps available on your Play Store or App Store that allows you to screen contents from your devices to Roku. Some of the best third-party apps include Google Home, LetsView – Wireless Screen Cast, and more.
Launch the HBO Max on your Android or iOS device and click on the Cast icon on the top left side of the home screen. Choose your Roku device and start streaming movies and TV series available on HBO Max on your Roku TV. Before this, you must connect both devices to the same WiFi network.