FilmOn is an online multi-channel broadcasting network that offers more than 700 channels from different countries around the world. With this app, you can stream live TV channels and Radio stations. In addition to the live stream, you can also watch more than 45000 on-demand video titles. It comes with live premium Pay-TV and DVR Hour Subscriptions to watch and record programs in HQ. Your subscription to Filmon TV depends on the number of channels you want to watch and the DVR storage space. You can stream Filmon TV on multiple devices such as computers, smartphones, tablets, Smart TVs, and Internet-connect OTT devices like Roku.
How to Add FilmOn TV to Roku
FilmOn TV is not available on Roku Channel Store. But you can install FilmOn TV as a private channel. Follow the below instructions to add this app to the Roku Channels list.
#1: Connect your Roku player to the HDMI port on your TV and turn it on.
#2: Next, visit the official website of Roku.
#3: Open any web browser on any device and visit https://my.roku.com/.
#4: Enter your Roku Login credentials and click the sign-in button.
#5: Click Add channel with a code option under Manage Account.
#6: Enter the FilmOn TV Channel access code “NMEVA” and then click Add Channel option.
#7: On the next screen, a warning pop-up will appear. Click on OK to continue.
#8: The FilmOn TV app will appear on the screen. Click on the Yes, add Channel option to add the channel to your Roku.
#9: After the FilmOn TV is added to the Roku channel, select the Return to My Account option and then go to the Channels section on your Roku Player.
#10: Here, you will find the FilmOn TV app, Click on the app and then choose Continue.
#11: Now, visit www.filmon.com/user/registration to create a free account. The FilmOn account is not needed to watch free FilmOn content with ads.
#12: You can now enjoy FilmOn TV channels on your Roku-connected TV screen.
Alternative Method – How to Screen Mirror FilmOn TV to Roku
If you are using the latest version of your Roku device, it will be easy to screen mirror FilmOn TV to Roku. But before that, you need to enable the screen mirroring on Roku.
Screen Mirror FilmOn TV to Roku from Android Smartphone
1. Connect your Android smartphone and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Open the Google Play Store on your Android smartphone.
3. Search and install the FilmOn TV app.
4. Next, launch the FilmOn TV app and sign in with your subscription account.
5. After that, bring down the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
6. Your Android smartphone will scan for nearby devices. From there, choose your Roku device.
7. Now, your Android smartphone will be mirrored to Roku.
You can also choose any content from the FilmOn app and mirror its content to Roku device or TV.
Screen Mirror FilmON TV to Roku from iOS device
Enable the AirPlay on Roku from the Settings and follow the steps below:
1. Make sure that you connect your iOS device to the same wifi network as Roku.
2. Next, go to the App Store and search for FilmON TV.
3. Choose the FilmON TV app and install it.
FilmON TV for iOS device: App Store
4. Launch the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring icon from it.
5. Now, choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
6. Launch the FilmON TV app and sign in with your subscription account.
You can now choose any of your favorite content to watch on your Roku device or TV.
Due to the unavailability of FilmOn TV on the channel store, you need to add it as a private channel. FilmOn TV offers both live and on-demand streaming. Also, you can catch up on all missed live TV by using the recording option. All your recordings will be stored in the DVR storage. Also, you are recommended to install any VPN services to access FilmOn TV around the globe.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you need a subscription to access FilmOn TV. And the basic subscription plan will cost you $6.95 per month.
Since FilmOn TV is on the private channels list, it is easy to watch on Roku.