Signing out of a Roku account is important while planning to sell the Roku device. You have to sign out of your Roku account when you want to switch Roku accounts. Roku account is the key gateway to access the downloaded apps, purchased subscriptions, and customized settings. You can sign out of your Roku account in order to preserve these while others use the device.
How to Sign Out Of Roku Account on TV/Device
Rather than signing out, this is more like unlinking your Roku device from the account. The unlinking of the Roku account will turn the device into default settings.
After performing a factory reset, you can return, sell, or giveaway by signing out of your Roku device. If you no longer have any access to your Roku device, then you can remove or unlink the device from the Roku Account.
- Unlinking will not close your account.
- It will not cancel Roku billed subscriptions.
- It only removes the device from the account.
- If you unlink one account, you can use the same account to log in to another device and sign in with another account on the same device.
How to Unlink Roku Device from Roku Account
1. From your computer or smartphone web browser, go to the Roku Website [my.roku.com].
2. Sign in to your device’s account that you want to unlink.
3. Now scroll down to the My Account page.
4. Select the device you want to unlink from the My linked devices list.
5. Choose Unlink and confirm.
Your account will be unlinked from your device. Now, if you turn on your Roku device, you need to add a new Roku account to use it.
Auto Sign Out Mode or Guest Mode
Roku recently launched the Auto Sign out Mode or Guest Mode. For instance, if you are going as a guest and if they are using a Roku TV or device, you can log in to your account. You can also set the date and time to automatically sign out from your device.
By signing in as a guest, you will be able to access all the contents that are associated with your account. Once you log out, all the content will be gone. Your experience and your host’s experience will remain untouched.
Alternative Way to Sign Out of Roku Account
Factory Reset will bring your device to its shipping state. This will not only sign out the device of your account but also erase all the contents, your setting preferences, all downloaded applications, etc.
1. From the home screen, go to Settings.
2. Select System and then choose Advanced System Settings.
3. Choose Factory Reset and then choose Factory Reset Everything.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions and set it up from the beginning.
To know more about how to factory reset Roku, read this article.
BONUS: How to Deactivate Roku Account
If you have no use for your Roku account, you can deactivate your account by following the steps below.
1. Open any web browser and visit the Roku Official Website.
2. Enter your login credentials to log in to your account.
3. Next, click on the My Account icon from the upper right corner.
4. Scroll down and select the Deactivate Account option from the Manage Account section.
5. Click the OK button to confirm your selection.
6. Finally, your Roku account will be deactivated.
How Do I Re-Login with My Roku Account on Roku TV
If you have been found in a situation where you have accidentally logged out on your Roku TV, you can log in to your account instantly. In case you have to log in to your account after resetting, you have to set up the device from the start.
1. Turn off your Roku TV after you log out of your Roku account.
2. Again, turn on your Roku TV.
3. Now, once again, you need to set up your Roku TV.
4. Enter your Roku account credentials and sign in to your account.
5. Then, you will receive the activation link in your mail.
6. Use the link you received in your mail to activate your account on your Roku TV.
Sign-out can be done in minutes, and it is a mandatory process while giving the device to others. The Roku device doesn’t support multiple account logins. Therefore, you have to log out of the current account in order to sign in new Roku account.