To stream your favorite content on Roku, you need to sign in with your Roku account. Like Apple ID, you can use your Roku Account to subscribe to a channel in the Roku Channel Store. You can use a Roku device or TV only after signing in with your Roku account. If you plan to sell your Roku device or are using another Roku account, it is better to sign out of your Roku account on your device or TV. If you are not sure how to sign out of your Roku account, then here are the different ways to do it.
How to Sign Out Of Roku account on TV/Device?
Rather than signing out, this is more like unlinking your Roku device from the account. But there are few things that you need to know before you are going for the steps. By linking your Roku account with your Roku device, you will add or purchase channels from the Roku Channel Store.
You can return, sell, or giveaway by signing out of your Roku device after performing a factory reset. If you no longer have any access to your Roku device, then you can remove or unlink the device from the Roku device.
- Unlinking will not close your account.
- It will not cancel Roku billed subscriptions.
- It only removes the device from the account.
- If you unlink one account, you can use the same account to log in to another device, and you can sign in with another account on the same device.
How to Unlink Roku Device from Roku Account?
1. From your computer or smartphone web browser go to my.roku.com.
2. Sign in to your account which you want to unlink from your device.
3. Now scroll down on the My Account page.
4. Select the device you want to unlink from the My linked devices list.
5. Choose Unlink and confirm.
Your account will be unlinked from your device. Now if you turn on your Roku device, you need to add a new Roku account to use it.
Auto Sign out mode or Guest Mode
Roku recently launched the Auto Sign out Mode or Guest Mode. For instance, if you are going as a guest and if they are using a Roku TV or device, you can log in to your account. You can also set the date and time to automatically sign out from your device.
By signing in as a guest, you will be able to access all the contents that are associated with your account. Once you log out all the content will be gone. Your experience and your host’s experience will remain untouched.
Factory Reset will bring your device to its shipping state. This will not only sign out the device of your account but also erase all the contents, your setting preferences, and all downloaded applications, etc.
1. From the home screen, go to Settings.
2. Select System and then choose Advanced System Settings.
3. Choose Factory Reset and then choose Factory Reset Everything.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions and set it up from the beginning.
To know more on how to factory reset Roku, read this article.
With the above methods, you can sign out your Roku account from your TV or streaming device. After signing out, you can either sign in with the same account or sign in with a new account. If you are facing any issues, tell us about the issue in the comments below.