To stream your favorite content on Roku, you need to sign in with your Roku account. Like Apple ID, you can use your Roku Account to subscribe to a channel in the Roku Channel Store. You can use a Roku device or TV only after signing in with your Roku account. If you plan to sell your Roku device or are using another Roku account, it is better to sign out of your Roku account on your device or TV. If you are not sure how to sign out of your Roku account, then here are the different ways to do it.
How to Sign Out Of Roku account on TV/Device?
Rather than signing out, this is more like unlinking your Roku device from the account. But there are a few things that you need to know before you go through the steps. By linking your Roku account with your Roku device, you will add or purchase channels from the Roku Channel Store.
After performing a factory reset, you can return, sell, or giveaway by signing out of your Roku device. If you no longer have any access to your Roku device, then you can remove or unlink the device from the Roku device.
- Unlinking will not close your account.
- It will not cancel Roku billed subscriptions.
- It only removes the device from the account.
- If you unlink one account, you can use the same account to log in to another device and sign in with another account on the same device.
How to Unlink Roku Device from Roku Account?
1. From your computer or smartphone web browser, go to my.roku.com.
2. Sign in to your device’s account that you want to unlink.
3. Now scroll down on the My Account page.
4. Select the device you want to unlink from the My linked devices list.
5. Choose Unlink and confirm.
Your account will be unlinked from your device. Now, if you turn on your Roku device, you need to add a new Roku account to use it.
Auto Sign Out Mode or Guest Mode
Roku recently launched the Auto Sign out Mode or Guest Mode. For instance, if you are going as a guest and if they are using a Roku TV or device, you can log in to your account. You can also set the date and time to automatically sign out from your device.
By signing in as a guest, you will be able to access all the contents that are associated with your account. Once you log out, all the content will be gone. Your experience and your host’s experience will remain untouched.
Factory Reset will bring your device to its shipping state. This will not only sign out the device of your account but also erase all the contents, your setting preferences, all downloaded applications, etc.
1. From the home screen, go to Settings.
2. Select System and then choose Advanced System Settings.
3. Choose Factory Reset and then choose Factory Reset Everything.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions and set it up from the beginning.
To know more about how to factory reset Roku, read this article.
BONUS: How to Deactivate Roku TV
If you have no use for your Roku account, you can deactivate your account by following the steps below.
1. Open any web browser and visit https://my.roku.com/.
2. Enter your login credentials to log in to your account.
3. Next, click on the My Account icon from the upper right corner.
4. Scroll down and from the Manage Account section, select the Deactivate Account option.
5. Select the OK button to confirm your selection.
6. Finally, your Roku account will be deactivated.
How Do I Re-Login with My Roku Account on Roku TV
If you have ever found in a situation where you have accidentally logged out on your Roku TV, you can follow the steps below to Re-Login to your account.
1. Turn off your Roku TV after you log out of your Roku account.
2. Again, turn on your Roku TV.
3. Now, once again, you need to set up your Roku TV.
4. Enter your Roku account credentials and sign in to your account.
5. Then, you will receive the activation link in your mail.
6. Use the link you received in your mail to activate your account on your Roku TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can easily sign out of Roku.
There are multiple ways to sign out of your Roku account, and this article must have helped you through the same.