Kanopy is a video streaming platform that streams a variety of content with the best-in-class video quality. It streams content like movies, documentaries, award-winning foreign movies, classic movies, independent films, educational videos, and documentaries. Also, you can watch these videos on Kanopy without any ads as they partner with public libraries and universities to bring you the same. You can access Kanopy on your phones, tablets, their website, and also on your TV. Now, let’s discuss more Kanopy on Roku.
How to Add Kanopy on Roku?
Kanopy has a Channel in the Roku Channel Store so that you can download it. It will work on all Roku devices of version 7.7.0 or higher. Let’s discuss more the same. Before starting the installation process, ensure that the following are ready.
- HDTV connected with your Roku device
- Strong Wi-Fi connection
- Roku remote or mobile app
- Roku account
1. Firstly, press the Home button on your Roku remote to go to the home screen.
2. Secondly, on the home screen, navigate to the Streaming Channels section on the sidebar on your screen.
3. Now, select the Search Channels option on your screen and search for the Kanopy channel here. You can also find Kanopy among the Films and TV category of channels.
4. Now, the Kanopy channel icon appears on the screen. Next, press the OK button and see the channel overview page.
5. Choose the Add to Channel option and Install Kanopy on your device.
6. Finally, launch the Kanopy account on your Roku.
Now, we have successfully installed Kanopy. We need to activate it as well.
How to Activate Kanopy on Roku?
If you already have a Kanopy account, you can sign in to your account by entering your email address and password. To link your Kanopy account, follow these steps.
1. From the web browser on a PC or mobile phone, visit kanopy.com/link.
2. Log In to your Kanopy account with your email address and password.
3. Enter the code on your TV screen to activate Kanopy on Roku.
Now, the Kanopy channel gets activated on Roku. So stream all your favorite content on Kanopy. Moreover, you can link your same Kanopy account to multiple Roku devices.
What is a Kanopy Library Card?
Kanopy brings to you exciting content from public libraries and universities. However, to access these contents, you need to have a library card. By being a member of the participating library on Kanopy, you can start watching your favorite content. Also, you need to Sign Up with a valid public library card number and PIN or Password.
Related: Good Morning America on Roku
Kanopy streams some exclusive content that you can access with a participating library card without ads. Moreover, Kanopy kids stream content for kids, which all Kanopy members can access. Public Library patrons need only their library cards to access content on Kanopy. If you have a valid Public library card, you can enjoy watching Kanopy on Roku.