Since Lifetime is available on Roku, you can install the app and stream family-friendly movies and TV series easily. But in recent times, there have been queries regarding the Lifetime app not working issue. The reason for the issue is still unknown. But still, there are a lot of troubleshooting methods you can follow to fix the Lifetime app not working issue on Roku.
Why is the Lifetime App Not Working on Roku
We have mentioned the common reasons for the Lifetime app not working issue on Roku.
- Weak internet connection
- Outdated version of the Lifetime app
- Problem with Lifetime account
How to Fix the Lifetime App Not Working Issue on Roku
Do follow the troubleshooting methods one by one to fix the issue.
Fix 1 – Check the Internet Connection
Whenever an app is not working, the primary fix you need to try is to check the internet connection. Because if your network is weak, the app you are currently using may stop working suddenly. Do follow the below steps to check the network connection on Roku.
1. Press the Home button on your remote control.
2. Scroll down and select Settings.
3. Tap the Network option and click Check Connection.
4. Now, you can find the status of your internet connection here.
Fix 2 – Restart the Router or Modem
If you find the network connection is weak, you need to restart your router or modem. Remove the cables from your router and leave it disconnected for a few seconds. Next, plug back the cables back into the router and turn it on. Now, connect your Roku device back to wifi and check if the Lifetime app is working now.
Fix 3 – Uninstall Lifetime on Roku
The next fix you could try is to uninstall the Lifetime app on Roku. When you uninstall and reinstall the app, it will remove the glitches you face while streaming on the app. So you can make use of the below-mentioned steps to remove Lifetime on Roku.
1. First, press the Home button on your remote control.
2. Next, hit the Right button on your remote.
3. Select the Lifetime app and press the Asterisk (*) button on your remote.
4. Click the Remove Channel option from the menu that appears on the screen.
After the channel is removed from your device, you need to reinstall the Lifetime app to check if the Lifetime app is working now.
Install Lifetime on Roku: Launch Roku home >> Streaming Channels >> Search Channel >> Search Lifetime >> Add Channel.
Fix 4 – Log out from your Lifetime Account
If you experience the issues even after reinstalling the app, sign out from your Lifetime account. Then, sign in back after a few minutes. Now, check if the issues with the Lifetime app has fixed or not. If the issues are not yet fixed, you can move to the next troubleshooting method.
Fix 5 – Update the Lifetime App
If you are using the outdated version of the Lifetime app, the app may not be compatible with your device. So do check for updates and if an update is available, update the app on your Roku device.
1. Go to the Channel’s grid and select the Lifetime app.
2. Press the Menu button on your remote control.
3. Tap the Check for updates option.
4. If an update is found, your Roku will automatically download it and install the update.
After that, check if the Lifetime app is working for you or not.
Fix 6 – Restart Roku
As many of you know already, restarting your Roku device will remove minor bugs from your device. It will also prevent background apps from using the internet.
1. Click the Home button on your Roku remote control.
2. Scroll down and pick the Settings option.
3. Select the System option on the next screen.
4. Scroll down and select the System Restart option.
5. Next, hit the Restart button.
Now, your Roku device’s screen will turn off automatically and turn on again after a few minutes. After the process, check if the Lifetime app is working for you or not.
7. Get Lifetime and Roku Support
If you have tried all the fixes mentioned above and still the Lifetime app is not working on Roku, you can contact the Roku customer support team. The experts will give you the technical support to solve the issues with the Lifetime app. You can also visit the Roku community to check if other Roku users also have the same issue.
Now, you may have fixed the issues with the Lifetime app. In case you can’t fix the issues with the Lifetime app, comment below, and we will provide you with a solution for that.