Microsoft Movies &TV, as the name suggests, is a digital media streaming platform from Microsoft. It is called Microsoft Movies &TV in the USA and Microsoft Films & TV in Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. On this platform, you can access HD movies and TV shows for rent. Microsoft Movies & TV is available on Xbox 360, Xbox One, Windows 8 and later, Windows Phone 8 and later, and on the web. So, Microsoft Movies &TV is unavailable on Roku. Now, let’s discuss how to access Microsoft Movies and TV on Roku.
How to Access Microsoft Movies and TV on Roku
Microsoft Movies & TV doesn’t have an official app on Roku. But instead, with an app called Movies Anywhere, you can access Microsoft Movies &TV on Roku. Now let’s discuss more about this app and access to Microsoft Movies &TV from it.
Movies Anywhere is a media streaming app that streams content from other streamers on a single platform. With other media platforms like iTunes, YouTube, and Vudu, it brings you Microsoft Movies &TV as well. However, only residents of the US can access this application. The Movies Anywhere has its app on iPhone, iPad, Android, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Chromecast, Android TV, and Roku. Now, let’s discuss more about Movies Anywhere on Roku.
Microsoft Movies &TV on Roku with Movies Anywhere
To install Microsoft Movies &TV on Roku, follow these steps.
1. Connect your Roku to the HDMI port of your TV and turn it on.
2. Using the Home button on your remote, go to the home screen.
3. Navigate to the Streaming Channels section on the sidebar.
4. Go to the Search Channels option. Here search for the Movies Anywhere channel.
5. Next, press the OK button to see the channel overview.
6. Finally, choose the Add Channel option. With this, the app starts downloading.
7. Once the app finishes downloading, Open it.
8. After opening your app, sync your Microsoft Movies &TV account to the Movies Anywhere account.
Now all movies and shows appear on screen for you to choose from. You should have activated a Microsoft Movies &TV account so that you can sync it.
How to Add movies on Movies Anywhere?
Movies Anywhere don’t provide any content, and you cannot buy new movies here. Only the movies you have purchased on your Microsoft Movies &TV can be accessed on Movies Anywhere. To add movies on Microsoft Movies &TV, you need to visit their website or the Windows app with your account and buy movies to watch. The same is the case with all other service providers on Movies Anywhere.
Microsoft Movies &TV is available in a lot of countries, including Brazil, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, Switzerland, and Sweden. Furthermore, it can support videos in mp4, m4v, mov, avi, 3g2, and 3gp2. With Microsoft Movies &TV, you can enjoy the latest movies before they are added to DVDs or on subscription without ads. Also, the picture quality includes 4K, UHD, HDR, and 1080p.
Alternative Method – How to Screen Mirror Microsoft Movies and TV on Roku
You must enable the screen mirroring on Roku. After that, you will be able to mirror Microsoft Movies and TV from a PC.
Screen Mirroring Microsoft Movies and TV on Roku from PC
Microsoft Movies and TV are only available on Windows PC and Xbox consoles. In the below section, let’s see how to mirror Microsoft Movies and TV from a PC.
1. Connect your Roku to the same wifi network as your PC.
2. After that, launch a web browser on PC and visit the official website of Microsoft Movies and TV.
3. Next, Sign in to your Microsoft account.
4. Click on the Action Center icon from the lower right corner of your PC and select the Connect tab.
5. Now, choose your Roku device from the pop-up window to your right.
6. After that, go to your browser and mirror Microsoft Movies and TV to your Roku device-connected TV.
No, Microsoft Movies and TV is unavailable in the channel store.
No, you have to rent or purchase movies to watch them on Microsoft Movies and TV.