Roku is one of the most used streaming devices available. You can install and stream various applications on your Roku-connected TV. Firefox on Roku lets you cast any videos from your smartphone to the Roku device. First, you need to install Firefox on your Android smartphone and then also on your Roku device. Then, the videos that are compatible with Roku can be cast. This isn’t like screen mirroring, so obviously, you need not enable screen mirroring on Roku. This is more like casting, as you do with Chromecast. So let us see how to cast from Mozilla Firefox on Roku.
How to Cast from Mozilla Firefox on Roku?
Casting Firefox to Roku only works with Android devices. So you can cast only if you own an Android Smartphone. There is no other go. So it is important to install Firefox on your Android phone and Roku. The app is available on both Play Store and the Roku Channel Store.
1. Make sure that your Android smartphone and Roku are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Install the Firefox app on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Launch Roku and from the Roku home screen, go to Streaming Channels.
4. Search for the Firefox app and Add Channel on your streaming device.
5. Launch the Firefox app on your smartphone.
6. Now go to any streaming site like CNN that has got videos supported by Roku. The supported videos include MKV, MOV, MP4, and WMV formats.
7. If the video format is supported but doesn’t work, turn off Adobe Flash Player on the smartphone.
8. Now play the video on your Android browser.
9. While, playing you can find the Cast icon on the video playback toolbar or on the website address bar.
10. Tap the Cast icon.
11. Select the Roku device from the list of available devices.
12. Once the video loads it will play on your TV screen.
13. Control the playbacks from your mobile phone.
Related: Chrome on Roku
It is very simple to cast the videos from Firefox to Roku. This method is suitable for beginners to screen mirror their phones. You don’t have to launch Firefox on your Roku. If you have any queries write to us in the comment section below.