PBS stands for Public Broadcasting Service. It is an American based free to air television network that offers TV shows, series (full-length episodes), popular award-winning documentaries, and many more. Also, you can watch local channels on Roku with the PBS app. Also, you can access the PBS app on Roku for free. Thereby, you can watch free movies on Roku as well with the PBS app. So, if you are interested, let us discover the possible ways to get PBS on Roku.
Complete List of Programs Available on PBS
|American Experience||Craft in America||Inside Nature’s Giants||Motor Week||Pioneers of Television|
|American Masters||The Dust Bowl||Intelligence Squared Debates||Moyers & Company||POV|
|America Revealed||The French Chef||Life on Fire||Nature||Secrets of the Dead|
|Antiques Roadshow||FRONTLINE||Live From Lincoln Center||NOVA||Sound Tracks|
|ART:21||FutureStates||Makers: Women Who Make America||Off Book||Tavis Smiley|
|Austin City Limits||Global Voices||Market Warriors||Need to Know||TED Talks Education|
|The Bletchley Circle||Great Performances||Martha Stewart’s Cooking School||PBS Arts||This Old House|
|Broadway or Bust||History Detectives||Masterpiece||PBS KIDS Previews||To The Contrary|
|Call the Midwife||In Performance at The White House||MediaShift||PBS NewsHour||Washington Week|
|Constitution USA with Peter Sagal||Independent Lens||The Mind of a Chef||PBS Online Film Festival||Why Poverty?|
How to Add PBS on Roku
 Turn on your Roku device and press the Home button on your Roku remote.
 From the Roku home screen, select the Streaming Channels option.
 Navigate to the Search Channels option.
 Use the virtual keyboard to enter and search for the PBS app.
 Choose the PBS app from the search result.
 Click on Add channel to add PBS from your Channel store.
 Wait until the channel gets added to the list. After that, select the Ok button from the prompt.
 Now, choose the Go to Channel option to launch the PBS app.
How to Activate PBS on Roku
 Once PBS is added to the channel list, open it.
 Note down the activation code that displays on your screen. If you can’t see the activation code, select the Login button to generate one.
 Next, launch any browser on your smartphone/PC.
 Visit the activation web page of PBS: https://www.pbs.org/activate/ from your browser.
 Enter the activation code in the required field and click on Continue.
 Now, log in with your PBS or Google, or Facebook account.
 Return to the PBS channel on Roku, and it will be activated and ready to watch.
How to Change the Station in the PBS Channel on Roku?
 Add and activate the PBS channel on Roku (if not done, follow the steps above).
 Select the Settings tab from the home screen of the PBS app.
 Select Change Station from the settings.
 Enter the Zip code of the new station and click on OK.
 A list of the available stations will appear on the screen.
 Select the station that you want from the list.
 Now the station will be changed and reflected on the top left of the PBS.
Alternative Method – Screen Mirror PBS to Roku
With the Screen Mirroring on Roku feature enabled, you can mirror the PBS app to Roku from Android devices like smartphones and tablets running on the Android OS.
From Android Devices
1. Connect the Android device and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Go to the Google Play Store and install the PBS app.
3. Launch the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
4. Once your Roku is visible in the available devices list, select it.
5. After that, your Android device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
6. Now, open the PBS app and sign in to your account.
7. You can now play any content and mirror it to Roku.
From iOS Devices
The following steps can be applied on iOS devices like iPhone and iPad.
1. At first, enable the AirPlay on Roku.
2. Connect iOS devices to the same wifi network as Roku.
3. Open the App Store on your iOS device.
4. Search and choose the PBS app.
5. Next, tap the Get button to install the PBS app.
6. After installing the PBS app, launch it and sign in to your account.
7. Pull down the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
8. Now, choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
9. Go back to the PBS app and mirror its content to Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the PBS channel is free to add and access on Roku.
You may have connected to a VPN on Roku. So, disconnect the VPN if connected to any and try again.