For security purposes, Roku allows its users to create a PIN. You can use that Roku PIN for verification purposes like adding a channel. Also, you can use your Roku PIN to enable the Parental Controls. Moreover, you will only have to follow a simple procedure to create, reset, and change your Roku PIN.
Why Need a Roku PIN
- Prevents the Unauthorized Access to the Roku Channel Store
- Keeps your Kids from accessing unwanted content
- Helps you in enabling the guest mode on Roku
How to Create a Roku PIN
1. From your smartphone or computer web browser, go to my.roku.com/index.
2. Hit the Sign In button from the upper right corner.
3. Enter your Email and password. Click on the Forgot Password button to reset your Roku password.
3. Go to the PIN Preferences tab and click on the Update button.
4. Under the Create PIN field, enter a four-digit Roku PIN of your choice. Next, on the consecutive field, verify your four-digit Roku PIN.
Now choose your PIN preferences from the following three options,
- Always require a PIN to make purchases and to add items from the Channel Store.
- Always require a PIN to make purchases.
- A PIN is not required to make any purchase or to add items from the Channel Store.
How to Set Up Parental Controls While Creating Roku PIN
Choose any of the options below the Parental Controls for The Roku Channel section to enable the Parental Control for The Roku Channel.
- Little Kids. With this filter up, any user can watch G, TV-Y, or TV-G-rated shows on the Roku channel without any need for your PIN. Anything beyond that, for example, R, NC-17, TV-MA, PG-13, TV-14, PG, TV-PG, TV-Y7, Unrated, and Not Rated, will require entering the Roku PIN.
- Young Kids. Selecting this option, you can watch movies or TV shows from ratings like G, PG, TV-Y, TV-G, TV-Y7, and TV-PG content on your Roku Channel. If anything exceeds, you will need Roku PIN.
- Teens. With the Tens filter, you can watch TV-14, PG-13, TV-PG, PG, TV-Y, TV-Y7, TV-G, and G content on the Roku channel without the need for Roku PIN.
- Off. To turn off the Parental controls, you select this option.
8. After that, scroll down and choose the Save Changes button.
Finally, you have created a Roku PIN. After that, based on your PIN preference, you will be required to enter your Roku PIN to add channels to Roku.
How to Reset / Change Roku PIN If Forgotten
1. On a web browser, go to the official website of Roku and Sign In to your account.
2. Next, click on the Update button from the PIN Preference section.
3. Enter your four-digit Roku PIN below the Create PIN section.
4. Verify your Roku PIN. After that, scroll down and hit the Save Changes button.
How to Find your Roku PIN
As a precautionary measure, you need to note down your Roku PIN once created because there is no possible way to find your Roku PIN. In case you have forgotten your Roku PIN, you need to reset it.
How to Fix if My Roku PIN Isn’t Working
The following troubleshooting methods will help you fix the Roku PIN not working issue.
- Enter the Right Roku PIN – You may have entered the wrong Roku PIN, and that’s why it is not working.
- Disable Roku PIN – If in case you can’t add channels on Roku because of your Roku PIN, you can disable the Roku PIN from your Roku account page.
- Reset Roku PIN – If you have made up your mind about keeping your Roku PIN, go to Roku’s official website and reset your Roku PIN.
You can’t delete the Roku PIN. However, you can disable the use of the Roku PIN on the official website of Roku.
The only way to get back your Roku PIN is by resetting your PIN.