Roku is a good media player that you can use to stream live TV channels, movies, TV series, Sports, and more. But like all media players, there are also cases where Roku is not working properly. One of the issues that you can find is the Roku is stuck on the loading screen issue. When this issue arises, any functions you do on your Roku remote will be worthless, and your entertainment will be distorted. However, you can fix the issue by following simple troubleshooting methods.
How to Solve Roku Stuck on the Loading Screen Issue
You can use the troubleshooting methods below to solve the loading screen issue.
- Check Your Internet Connection
- Reinsert SD Card
- Restart Roku
- Reset Roku
- Disconnect All Inputs From Roku
- Contact Customer Support
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Sometimes, if your internet connection is slow, it can cause your Roku to be stuck on the loading screen. So, check whether your internet is properly to solve this problem. If you find that the internet is slow, then bring your Roku device close to your router or disconnect devices other than your Roku device from the Wi-Fi. Now, the internet speed should increase, and your problem will most likely be solved.
If the above method doesn’t work, check whether all the lights on your Router are flashing in green color. If you see a red light flashing on your router then its means that there is an issue with your router. Try restarting the router to solve the problem.
1. Disconnect your router from the power source.
2. Wait for at least 30 seconds and plug the power cable back into the power source.
Now, you have restarted your router, and yet the problem isn’t solved; you need to contact your Internet service provider to solve your problem.
2. Reinsert the SD Card
The reason your Roku is stuck on your bootup screen might be due to the SD Card that you attached to your Roku. If the SD Card you are using is corrupted or has any other issues, it can cause your Roku to not work properly. So, remove the SD Card from your Roku device and try starting your device. If the device starts up without any issues, then it is your SD Card that’s causing all the problems. Turn off your device and try inserting a new SD Card properly on your device and turn on your device.
Note: Whenever you insert an SD Card on your Roku, it will detect it as new, and it will be formatted. So, make sure to take a backup of the contents on your card before inserting it on Roku.
3. Restart Roku
When you encounter a Roku device stuck on a loading screen issue, unplugging your device will do more harm than good. So, try restarting your device and see if the problem is solved. Since the issue is with the loading screen, you cannot go to the settings option to restart your Roku device. So the only way to restart Roku is by using your remote.
1. On your Roku remote, press the Home button Five times.
2. Then, press the Up button once and the Rewind button twice.
3. Press the Fast Forward button twice, and your Roku device will turn off.
4. After a few seconds, your Roku device will turn on automatically.
Now, check whether the problem is solved or not.
4. Disconnect All Inputs From Roku
There are also times when because of the issues with the inputs attached to your Roku device cause your device to be stuck on the loading screen. To solve this issue, disconnect all the inputs attached to your device and restart your Roku device. Now, your Roku device should work properly.
5. Reset Roku
If you tried all the above methods and yet the problem isn’t solved, then try resetting your Roku device. Since your screen is stuck and you can’t access the Factory reset settings on your device, then the only method is to use the Reset button on your device to reset Roku.
1. Look for the reset button or reset pinhole on your Roku device. It should be located at the back of your device.
2. Press and hold the reset button or use a paperclip to press and hold the reset pinhole for at least 30 seconds.
3. The indicator light on your Roku device will flash rapidly, and this means the factory reset is done.
If you can’t find the reset button or reset pinhole button on your device, then follow the steps below to solve your problem.
1. Press and hold the Power and Mute button on your remote.
2. Then, remove the power cable from the power source, and after a few seconds, plug the power cable back in.
3. Now, release the Power and Mute button, and you will see your TV start-up screen.
4. This will reset all your data on your device.
Note: Hard resetting your device will permanently delete all the data and apps installed on your device. It also resets all the settings back to default. Also, remove the SD Card when factory resettings your device, as it will also delete all the data stored on your card.
6. Contact Customer Support
Even after you reset everything and the Roku stuck on the loading screen problem isn’t solved; then you need to contact Roku support as there is nothing left for you to try.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is located on the back side of your Roku device.
Unplug your Roku device and plug it back into the power source. Next, turn on your Roku and check if the issue is resolved or not.