VidAngel is officially unavailable on Roku, as it discontinued its service last year. Therefore, you can’t find the VidAngel app from the Channel Store. If you still like to have VidAngel on Roku, you need to screen mirror the content from your mobile and desktop.
VidAngel is not a streaming service, whereas it accesses the content of other streaming services and filters unnecessary scenes. Thus, you can link streaming platforms, such as Starz, Showtime, Netflix, PBS, AMC+, and more. By adjusting the filters, you can stream your favorite content from the desired platform without skipping.
This article explains the step-by-step instructions to carry out the screen mirroring process without hurdles. Also, get to know about the exciting features of VidAngel described in the content.
What’s on VidAngel
- Offers users tips to explore new movies and shows
- Lets you enable closed captions for the content
- Stream content simultaneously based on the service
- Can access Amazon’s Freevee on VidAngel
How to Watch VidAngel on Roku
Roku has removed the non-certified channels from its channel store, including VidAngel. As previously mentioned, you need to screen mirror the app from your device. To use VidAngel, you need to subscribe to the only subscription plan starting at $9.99/ month.
Cast VidAngel on Roku from Android Devices
1. On your Android, open the Play Store and install the VidAngel app.
2. Then, swipe down and open the Notification panel on your Android device.
3. In there, tap on the Screen Cast icon to proceed to the next step.
4. From the list of available devices, click on your Roku device to connect.
5. Now, launch the VidAngel app and sign in to your account.
6. Then, select the Me tab from the lower right corner.
7. From the Me tab, choose Manage Streaming Services.
8. Toggle on the Streaming service you want to connect to.
9. Now, go to the home screen.
10. Browse and select any movie you want to watch.
11. Tap on the Watch Now button.
12. Finally, you can cast the selected movie on your Roku device.
Screen Mirror VidAngel from Windows PC
1. Visit the VidAngel web page [www.vidangel.com] on any web browser from your PC.
Note: Connect both your PC and Roku to the same WiFi network to make Screen Mirror possible.
2. Click the Sign In button and enter your credentials to sign in to your account.
3. Next, connect the app to a streaming service and choose any movie or TV series to filter it.
4. Now, play the filtered movie or TV show.
5. Press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard to get the casting option.
6. Select your Roku device to connect.
7. Now, you can watch the VidAngel from PC to Roku.
AirPlay VidAngel on Roku from iOS Device
Like Screen Mirroring, you need to enable the AirPlay settings on your Roku device to mirror content from your iOS device. To Screen Mirror iOS to Roku seamlessly, connect both devices to the same WiFi network.
1. Open the App Store on your iOS and install the VidAngel app.
2. Head to the Control Center on your device and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
3. Select Roku from the list of available devices.
4. Open the VidAngel app on your iOS and Sign in with your account.
5. Now, set up the app to filter content by following the onscreen instructions.
6. Next, choose any movie you want and start filtering the movie on your Roku device.
AirPlay VidAngel on Roku from Mac
Like for iOS devices, you should have enabled AirPlay on Roku to mirror the content from Mac.
1. Go to VidAngel’s official website on your Mac browser, and sign in with credentials.
2. Ensure you have linked the streaming service and applied the necessary filters.
3. Click the Control Centre icon, and select Screen Mirroring.
4. From the list of devices, choose Roku.
5. When the devices get paired, play the content on your Mac.
6. You can see the content streaming on your Roku device.
No. Unfortunately, VidAngel doesn’t offer a free trial to users.
Yes. You can set the Parental Controls on VidAngel.