VidAngel is an American video streaming platform that is a bit unique. It gives the users a chance to skip parts of the video that are not suitable for them. The real idea behind VidAngel is selling movies to users who sell them back to VidAngel after removing objectionable parts. However, in 2016 Disney, 20th Century Fox, Lucas film, and Warner bros sued VidAngel for this streaming of altered content. So, now it streams movies and shows from Netflix, HBO, and Amazon Prime with the filtering specialty. Now, let’s discuss in detail access to VidAngel on Roku.
How to Add and Use VidAngel on Roku?
VidAngel actually helps you filter off content from third-party streaming services like Netflix, HBO, and Amazon Prime. To get VidAngel on Roku, follow these steps.
1. Firstly, download and install the VidAngel mobile app on your smartphone (Android or iPhone).
2. Secondly, select the Me button on bottom right corner of your app screen.
3. Choose the Manage Streaming Services option.
4. You have to connect to your third-party streaming platforms like Netflix or Amazon Prime. Swipe the toggle button near each third-party platform.
5. Select the Home button on the bottom left corner of your screen.
6. Select any movie or show. For instance, you choose a movie on Amazon Prime, select the Watch with Amazon Prime button.
7. Now it starts Verifying title, which usually takes around 20 to 30 seconds.
8. When the verifying process ends, choose the Send to TV button.
9. Next select the Roku button on screen and then your Roku device from the list.
Note: You can see your device only if you have connected your smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
10. Now, the VidAngel channel shows on your Roku screen, select the Add Channel button. Now a 4 digit code appears on your screen.
11. Enter the 4 digit-code that appears on your TV screen then press OK.
12. Choose the Disconnect button on phone screen.
13. Now, on your Roku home screen, select the VidAngel channel. Next, select the Sign-in option, and a code appears on the screen.
14. Visit the VidAngel website. In the website choose the following
- Choose the Device type – Roku
- Device name – Enter your device name
- Device code –Enter the code from your TV screen
15. On the next page, choose the Filters you want from the screen and choose the Save option.
16. Now on the VidAngel channel on your Roku, choose the title you want to watch.
17. For instance, if you choose a Netflix show, select the Watch with Netflix option. Now it starts Verifying Title and then you select the Watch Now option.
VidAngel Subscription Plans
- VidAngel has a monthly membership plan of $9.99.
- With this membership, you can filter and watch all content on VidAngel.
- There is no other hidden and additional charge in VidAngel.
VidAngel is a family-friendly streaming platform as it lets users filter off parts. We know that most of the shows and movies released on online platforms do not always fit children. So by using these filters, you can decide what to watch. But, the company had to go through years of lawsuits because of this filtering feature. However, after years of losing battle, VidAngel is back with a new interface. With VidAngel on Roku, enjoy these filtered contents with your family.