Vimeo is a video hosting, sharing, and services platform. Apart from video-sharing, this platform also provides features such as live-streaming, video customizations, conducting virtual events, and many more. In contrast to other video platforms, Vimeo doesn’t advertise either on its pages or videos. Thus there is no wonder why people love to use this platform. But recently, Vimeo discontinued its app services on all TV platforms like Roku, Amazon FireTV, Apple TV, and Android TV. If you are a Roku user, you still have a way to enjoy Vimeo on your favorite streaming device. You have to continue reading further to know what it is.
How Much is Vimeo on Roku
Vimeo has both free and premium versions. The premium version has 4 kinds of subscription plans on a monthly and yearly basis. They are Starter, Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise. In addition to this, it offers a 7-day free trial for its subscription plans.
- Free Plan (Basic): With a free plan, you can watch free videos without limit. Moreover, you can also upload videos limited to 25 per year.
- Starter Plan: Costs $24/seat per month. It has a video upload limit of 60. This plan also offers unlimited screen recording and 2TB bandwidth.
- Standard Plan: Standard plan costs $40/seat per month. It has a video upload limit of 120. Along with the features included in the Starter plan, you can also sell individual videos on-demand.
- Advanced Plan: Costing $130/seat per month, the Advanced plan comes with a video limit of 500. It also provides extensive support for Virtual events & Webinars.
- Enterprise Plan: Enterprise plans are custom priced. It includes everything that other premium subscriptions offer. This plan is more suited to larger businesses and organizations.
NOTE: Yearly plans are 50% lesser than monthly plans. So, if you opt for it, you’ll have to pay just half the price for each month.
What’s on Vimeo
- Vimeo subscribers can upload content from any device and stream in 4K ultra HD quality.
- Vimeo has an integrated Adobe Premiere Pro that lets you upload and launch content straight from the editing app.
- You can sell, market videos, and even start your own subscription network.
- Users can set Domain & geo-restrictions and control where their videos can be seen.
- Vimeo has several analytical tools that’ll help you in improving your video engagements and reach.
How to Sign up for Vimeo
You can either choose to join for free or subscribe to a plan. To join for free, you just require an e-mail id to create an account. In order to subscribe to a plan, you can follow the upcoming steps.
1. Open Vimeo’s official website.
2. On its home page, click on the See plans button.
3. Choose a Monthly or Yearly plan.
4. Select a plan and click Get Plan or click start free trial for that particular plan.
5. Enter your personal details like name and e-mail address on the following page and proceed to the next step.
6. Now, the payments section opens up. You can pay with either a Debit/Credit card or through Paypal.
7. Enter your payment information and click Complete Purchase.
8. Upon successful payment, your Vimeo account gets activated.
Ways to Watch Vimeo on Roku
Vimeo can be watched on its website or through its Android & iOS apps. Thus, you can use the screen mirror mirroring technique to bring Vimeo to Roku from these sources. There are a few prerequisites you need to do before screen mirroring Vimeo on Roku. They are:
- Enable the Screen Mirroring option on Roku.
- Connect your Roku and your screen mirroring device to the same Wi-Fi.
- Install the Vimeo app on your Android/iOS device beforehand.
Screen Mirror Vimeo on Roku from Android
1. On your Android phone, open the Vimeo app.
2. In the meantime, turn on the Cast feature on your device. You can find the Cast feature either in the Notification panel or in your mobile’s settings.
3. After turning it on, a list of devices gets displayed. Choose your Roku device.
4. Now, your Roku device gets connected to your Android phone.
5. Go to the Vimeo app and play any media you like.
6. It will play on your Roku device concurrently.
Screen Mirror Vimeo on Roku from iOS
1. Open the Vimeo app on your iOS device.
2. In the Control Centre, choose the Screen Mirroring option.
3. Choose your Roku device’s name from the list of devices and tap on it.
4. Now, your Roku and iOS device gets connected.
5. Then, you can launch the Vimeo app and watch its content on Roku.
TIP: You can also use the Airplay feature to connect Roku & iOS devices and watch Vimeo.
Screen Mirror Vimeo on Roku from Mac
1. Turn on your Mac device.
2. Go to the Control Centre of Mac and select the Screen Mirroring option.
3. In the device’s list, select Roku and connect both devices.
4. Now, go to Vimeo’s website on your Mac’s browser and stream your favorite content on Roku.
Screen Mirror Vimeo on Roku from Windows
1. Turn on your Windows PC and click the Windows+K shortcut.
2. A pop-up appears at the bottom right corner with a list of devices available for casting.
3. Choose your Roku device.
4. Now, on your Windows PC, launch a browser and go to Vimeo’s website.
5. Play your favorite content simultaneously on your Roku and Windows PC.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Users can easily upgrade to a subscription plan at any time they wish.
Your membership expires and you’ll get downgraded to a basic membership. You will also lose the videos you uploaded during your subscription.
Yes. You can watch Vimeo on Roku by screen mirroring its website or app.
Since Roku doesn’t have the Vimeo app, the problems with Vimeo can be pointed only to the devices with which you are screen mirroring. Some of the quick fixes we suggest are clearing the cache, logging out and re-login to your Vimeo app and Uninstall & reinstall the Vimeo app on your device