The frequent question asked in the Roku community is, ‘can you get and stream YouTube TV on Roku?’ The answer will be Yes; you can get YouTube TV on Roku. It offers you more than 85+ live TV channels with unlimited cloud DVR features. The cloud DVR feature will help you record your favorite shows, and it will be stored on your device for up to 9 months. Moreover, the subscription plan includes popular cable TV channels that include ABC, CBS, NBC, NFL Network, and more.
Is the Dispute Between YouTube TV and Roku are Over
In April 2021, there was a dispute between Google and Roku. It resulted in the removal of both YouTube and YouTube TV from the Roku Channel Store. However, the issue was resolved later, in December 2021, and Google made a multi-year deal with Roku. After that, both the YouTube and YouTube TV app is made available once again.
YouTube TV Supported Roku Devices
You can’t find YouTube TV on the Channel Store if you are using an incompatible Roku device.
|Compatible Roku Device||Model Number|
|Roku TV||All Models|
|Roku Smart Soundbar||–|
|Roku Ultra LT||–|
|Roku Streaming Stick+||–|
|Roku Streaming Stick+ HE||–|
|Roku Streaming Stick||3600x and later|
|Roku Express or Express +||–|
|Roku Premiere or Premiere +||–|
|Roku 3||4200x and 4230x|
How to Download YouTube TV on Roku
1. Get to the home screen of Roku and select the Streaming Channels option.
2. Scroll down and select the Streaming Channels option.
3. Next, input YouTube TV using the virtual keyboard and search for it.
4. Pick YouTube TV from the suggestion list.
5. Now, you will be redirected to the channel info page. From there, hit the Add Channel button.
6. The adding process for YouTube TV will now start.
7. Once the adding process gets complete, hit the OK button from the prompt.
8. Next, choose the Go to Channel option to launch YouTube TV.
How to Activate YouTube TV on Roku
1. Launch the YouTube TV Channel and hit the Sign In button.
2. Write down the activation code you see on your Roku TV display.
3. Open a web browser on your smartphone or PC.
4. Visit the activation webpage of YouTube TV: tv.youtube.com/start.
5. Enter the activation code and click on the Next button.
6. Sign in with your Google Account, and the YouTube TV app will be activated.
How to Use YouTube TV on Roku
1. Go back to the YouTube TV app after activation.
2. Next, you will be prompted to add the on-demand content to the Library section.
Note: You can skip or continue with the process.
3. Now, you can see the home screen of the YouTube TV.
4. From the home screen, you can get access to the on-demand content.
How to Watch Live TV on YouTube TV
1. Hit the Live TV tab, and you can see all the live TV channels offered by YouTube TV
2. You can also scroll down to find the programming guide for the live TV channels
3. To watch the live TV channel, select the live TV Channel icon.
4. Hit the Live option from the left pane.
5. Choose the live show you want to watch and press the OK button.
You can now enjoy streaming your favorite live TV shows
Tip: You can also use your Roku remote to Fast Forward or Rewind the live TV shows.
How to Add to Library and Record Shows Using Cloud DVR
With the YouTube TV subscription, you will receive an unlimited cloud DVR feature. With that, you can record the TV shows that you are added to the library.
1. Hit the Home or Live TV tab.
2. Next, select your favorite shows or click on the Search icon to browse for your favorites.
3. Select your favorite show and hit the OK button on your remote.
4. Then, choose the Add to Library option.
You can now see a message that the show has been added to the library, and we’ll record the upcoming episodes when it is available.
To access the shows that are added to the library, hit Library > New in the Library.
How Much Does the YouTube TV Cost on Roku
YouTube TV offers two subscription plans. They are:
- Base Plan: $64.99 per month
- Spanish Plan: $34.99 per month
With the base plan, you will get 85+ live TV channels, and the Spanish plan offers you 28+spanish channels.
How to Get YouTube TV Free
YouTube TV offers a 14-day free trial for new users. To get the free trial, you can follow the steps below:
1. Go to the official website of YouTube TV and hit the Try It Free button.
2. Sign in with your Google Account.
3. Enter your ZIP code and continue.
4. Next, choose a subscription plan and hit the Next button.
5. Choose the add-on plan you want and click on the Continue button.
6. Select the payment method and enter the credentials.
After you make a successful transaction, you will get YouTube TV subscription. After the 14-day trial ends, your bank account will be charged with the subscription plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the YouTube TV channel works very well on Roku.
You can restart Roku to fix the issues with the YouTube TV app.
There must be some internet connectivity issues; that’s why the YouTube TV app keeps buffering on Roku.
Visit the official website of YouTube TV and sign in to your account. Then, click on the Profile icon. After that, select Manage Subscription > Deactivate Membership. Now, hit the Cancel Subscription option and cancel the YouTube TV subscription.