Roku users already know that there is a built-in screen mirroring feature that you can use to mirror Android devices and windows PC to Roku. Also, with the updated Roku devices, you can AirPlay on Roku to mirror your iOS devices like iPhone or iPad and Mac PC. But you need to know that AirPlay is supported on certain Roku device models. If you are using an incompatible Roku device, you can’t use the AirPlay feature on Roku. But you don’t have to worry because Streamer will help you with casting your iOS devices to Roku.
Streamer for Roku is a third-party channel that helps in casting the media files from your iOS devices like photos, videos, and music to the big screen with lossless quality. Also, you can cast any files to Roku a lightning speed. So, don’t worry if your Roku device is incompatible with AirPlay because the Streamer app is there to help you.
How to Get Streamer on Roku
1. Turn on your Roku device and press the Home button on your remote.
2. Make sure to connect to wifi on Roku.
3. Move to the Streaming Channel option from the home menu.
4. Then, go to the Search channels option.
5. You can see a virtual keyboard on the screen.
6. Use the virtual keyboard to search for the Streamer channel.
7. From the search results, select the Streamer channel.
8. Click on the Add Channel option from the channel description page.
9. Now, the adding process will start for the Streamer channel.
10. After the adding process gets over, select the OK button from the prompt.
11. On the next step, select the Go to Channel option to launch the Streamer channel.
How to Get Streamer on Roku [Alternative Method]
1. Open a web browser from your smartphone or PC and visit https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/browse.
2. Sign in to your Roku account.
3. Then, move to the search bar from the Roku channel store.
4. Type Streamer on the search bar and search for it.
5. Click on the Streamer icon from the search result.
6. On the Channel description page, click on the Add Channel button.
7. After this process, the Streamer channel will be added in 24 hours. Moreover, you can also update Roku to get the Streamer channel immediately.
How to Use Streamer on Roku
Connect your Roku device and iOS devices like iPhone or iPad to the same wifi network.
1. First, launch the Streamer channel on Roku.
2. Next, open the Streamer app on your iOS devices.
Streamer for Roku: App Store
3. Click on the Cast icon from the menu near to settings icon.
4. Wait for the Streamer app to scan for nearby devices.
5. Then, select the Roku device that appears on the screen.
6. Now, tap on the Connect button.
7. Once your Roku device is connected, go to the home screen of the Streamer app.
8. Now, you can use the following options to mirror the content from your iOS device to Roku.
Camera Roll – Use this option to cast the images on your iOS devices to Roku.
Music Library – Play music from your iOS devices to Roku.
Documents – Cast the documents like pdf, excel files to Roku.
Cast Browser – Mirror the content from your browser to Roku.
Enable the screen mirroring on Roku. Then, from the Notification Panel on your Android device, tap on Cast and choose your Roku device.
Google Home and streamer is considered one of the best casting apps for Roku.