Vimeo is a video streaming app that is similar to YouTube, where users can upload and watch videos there. In addition, you can rate videos and add them to your Watch Later queue. There are no commercials in between or at the beginning of the video. The Roku Channel Store offers the Vimeo app for free installation on the Roku device. You can stream your favorite creators content on your TV through the Roku device.
How Much Does Vimeo Cost on Roku?
Vimeo has a free and paid subscription for streaming. The free subscription provides 500 MB per week. Paid subscription has 4 types of plans. It offers video creation tools and unlimited bandwidth in the Vimeo player. There is a free trial for 30 days to check out the service.
Note: The following plans are only applicable to content creators, and accessing the videos shared by the content creators is totally free.
|Plus||$7 per month||250 GB||1|
|Pro||$20 per month||1 TB||3|
|Business||$50 per month||5 TB||10|
|Premium||$75 per month||7 TB||Unlimited|
To subscribe to Vimeo, you need to visit https://vimeo.com/.
What’s on Vimeo
- Vimeo provides video content in HD (1080p) and 4K streaming quality.
- It has an offline streaming option to save your favorite video to watch offline later.
- Vimeo provides the best video-creating and editing tools for creators.
- You can share the videos with anyone privately through this app.
- The Explore section of this app lands you in an ocean of unexplored videos.
- You can follow the creators to get instant updates from their channels.
How to Add Vimeo on Roku
#1 Turn on the Roku device and connect Roku to Wi-Fi.
#2 Then, press the Home button on your remote.
#3 Select Streaming Channels from the menu on the home screen.
#4 In Roku Channel Store, scroll down and click Search Channels.
#5 Search for Vimeo using the search box and select it from the suggestion list.
#6 Click Add Channel to install Vimeo on Roku.
#7 Select OK in the prompt and tap Go to Channel to launch the Vimeo app.
How to Activate Vimeo on Roku
1. Launch the Vimeo app on Roku.
2. Select the Log In button from the home screen.
3. You can see an Activation Code on your TV screen. Note down the Activation Code.
4. Next, on a PC or Smartphone, visit the Vimeo Activation Website [https://vimeo.com/activate] using a web browser.
5. Log in to your Vimeo account and enter the Activation Code.
Note: You can also log in with your Facebook, Google, or Apple account.
6. Click on Connect Device, and the Vimeo app will be activated.
7. Go back to the Vimeo app and choose any videos to stream on your TV.
Alternative Method to Stream Vimeo to Roku
The alternative way to stream Vimeo on Roku is by screen mirroring. You can screen mirror the app on Roku from Android, PC, and ios Devices.
Screen Mirror Vimeo to Roku from Android Devices
To Screen Mirror Vimeo to Roku from Android, make sure that you have enabled Screen Mirroring on Roku.
1. Connect your Android device and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Then, go to the Google Play Store and install the Vimeo app.
3. Then, swipe your Android device’s screen from up to down to bring the Notification Panel.
4. From the Notification Panel, tap on Cast and choose your Roku device to connect.
5. Next, launch the Vimeo app and sign in to your account.
6. Finally, you can stream any videos to watch on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Vimeo to Roku from iOS Devices
You can screen mirror iOS devices on Roku since the Roku devices have AirPlay support. It is a must to enable AirPlay on Roku before proceeding to screen mirroring.
1. Install the Vimeo app on your iOS device from the App Store.
2. Then, connect your iOS device to the Wi-Fi network, as same as your Roku is connected to.
3. Next, launch the Vimeo app and sign in to your account.
4. Play any video you want and tap on the AirPlay icon from the lower right corner.
5. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
6. Finally, you can watch your favorite videos from Vimeo that are mirrored on your TV.
Screen Mirror Vimeo to Roku from PC
You have to enable screen mirroring on the Roku device to screen Mirror the PC.
1. Open any web browser on your PC and visit the official website of Vimeo.
2. Then, click on the Login icon and enter your credentials to login into your account.
3. Next, choose any video of your choice and play it.
4. Press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard and choose your Roku device.
NOTE: You must have connected your PC and Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network; otherwise, your Roku device won’t be visible on the screen.
5. Finally, the Vimeo videos will be mirrored on your TV.
How to Fix Vimeo Not working Issues on Roku
Some Roku users have mentioned in the Roku Community that they can’t stream Vimeo videos for quite some time. So, if it’s the case for you, you can follow the troubleshooting guidelines mentioned below.
1. Logout out of the Vimeo app and re-login again.
2. Restart your Roku TV, and it will clear the temporary bugs on it.
3. The Vimeo app might be loading because of the cache build-up on Roku. So, clear the cache on Roku and fix the issue.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the Vimeo app to fix any issues on it.
5. Your internet speed must be slow, and that’s why you can’t stream on the Vimeo app. So, find a way to boost internet speed on Roku.
You need to subscribe to the premium plan to get better service from Vimeo. Whereas on YouTube, you will find tons of content and other addon features absolutely free. Therefore, YouTube is way better than Vimeo.