Vimeo is a video streaming app on Roku that is similar to YouTube, where users can upload and watch videos there. In addition, you can rate videos and add them to your Watch Later queue. There are no commercials in between or at the beginning of the video. Vimeo has video streaming in 1080p HD quality, and the interface is user-friendly, which gives fast access to videos. The videos can be saved and watched offline. You could follow your favorite channels on Vimeo to get instant updates on their videos. The Staff Picks will recommend videos for a better streaming experience, and it gets updated regularly. Also, you can follow the videos on Vimeo by category as well.
Pricing of Vimeo
Vimeo has a free and paid subscription for streaming. The free subscription provides 500 MB per week. Paid subscription has 4 types of plans. It offers video creation tools and unlimited bandwidth in the Vimeo player. There is a free trial for 30 days to check out the service.
Note: The following plans are only applicable to content creators, and accessing the videos shared by the content creators is totally free.
|Plus||$7 per month||250 GB||1|
|Pro||$20 per month||1 TB||3|
|Business||$50 per month||5 TB||10|
|Premium||$75 per month||7 TB||Unlimited|
To subscribe to Vimeo, you need to visit https://vimeo.com/.
How to Add Vimeo on Roku
#1 Turn on and connect Roku to wifi.
#2 Then, press the Home button on your remote.
#3 Select Streaming Channels from the menu on the home screen.
#4 In Roku Channel Store, scroll down and click Search Channels.
#5 Search for Vimeo using the search box and select it from the suggestion list.
#6 Click Add Channel to install Vimeo on Roku.
#7 Select OK in the prompt and tap Go to Channel to launch the Vimeo app.
How to Add Vimeo on Roku using the Roku Mobile App
You can use the official Roku app to add channels to Roku.
1. Launch the Roku app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Sign in to your Roku account.
3. After that, tap on the Devices tab.
4. Make sure to connect your Android or iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network.
5. Choose your Roku device that is displayed on the screen.
6. Once the connection is established, select the Channels tab.
7. Next, select the Channel Store tab.
8. Search for Vimeo.
9. Choose Vimeo from the search result and tap on the Add Channel button.
10. The requested channel will be added to Roku in 24 hours. If the channel is not yet added, update Roku to get the channel immediately.
How to Activate Vimeo on Roku
1. Launch Vimeo on Roku.
2. Select the Log in button from the home screen.
3. You can see an activation code on your TV screen. Note the activation code down.
4. Next, on a web browser, visit https://vimeo.com/activate.
5. Log in to your Vimeo account and enter the activation code.
Note: You can also log in with your Facebook, Google, or Apple account.
6. Click on Connect Device, and the Vimeo app will be activated.
7. Go back to the Vimeo app and choose any videos to stream on your TV.
Alternative Method – How to Screen Mirror Vimeo to Roku
To Screen Mirror Vimeo to Roku, make sure that you have enabled Screen Mirroring on Roku. After that, you can follow the steps below to screen Mirror Vimeo from your Android or iOS devices.
Screen Mirror Vimeo to Roku from Android Devices
1. Connect your Android device and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Then, go to the Google Play Store and install the Vimeo app.
3. Then, swipe your Android device’s screen from up to down to bring the Notification Panel.
4. From the Notification Panel, tap on Cast and choose your Roku device.
5. Next, launch the Vimeo app and sign in to your account.
6. Finally, you can stream any videos to watch on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Vimeo to Roku from iOS Devices
First of all, enable the AirPlay on Roku from Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit. Then, from the AirPlay and HomeKit Settings, select the AirPlay options and turn it on.
1. Install the Vimeo app on your iOS device from the App Store.
2. Then, connect your iOS device to the wifi network as same as your Roku is connected to.
3. Next, launch the Vimeo app and Sign in to your account.
4. Play any video you want and tap on the AirPlay icon from the lower right corner.
5. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
6. Finally, you can watch your favorite videos from Vimeo that are mirrored on your TV.
Screen Mirror Vimeo to Roku from PC
You can follow the steps below to screen Mirror Vimeo to your streaming device from the PC.
1. Open a web browser on your PC and visit the official website of Vimeo.
2. Then, click on the Login icon and enter your credentials to login into your account.
3. Next, choose any video of your choice and play it.
4. Press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard and choose your Roku device.
NOTE: You must have connected your PC and Roku device to the same wifi network; otherwise, your Roku device won’t be visible on the screen.
5. Finally, the Vimeo videos will be mirrored on your TV.
How to Fix Vimeo Not working Issues on Roku
Some Roku users have mentioned in the Roku Community that they can’t stream the Vimeo videos for quite some time. So, if it’s the case for you, you can follow the troubleshooting guidelines mentioned below.
1. Logout out of the Vimeo app and re-login again.
2. Restart your Roku TV, and it will clear the temporary bugs on it.
3. The Vimeo app might be loading because of the cache build-up on Roku. So, clear cache on Roku and fix the issue.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the Vimeo app to fix any issues on it.
5. Your internet speed must be slow, and that’s why you can’t stream on the Vimeo app. So, find a way to boost internet speed on Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Vimeo is free that allows you to access tons of entertainment and educational content. But for content creators, you can subscribe to the premium plan to get additional perks.
You need to subscribe to the premium plan to get a better service from Vimeo. Whereas in YouTube, you will find tons of content and other addon features absolutely free. So, here, YouTube wins the race.