A lot of Roku users have concerns regarding their remote not working issue. As you know, the Roku remote is an important factor in controlling your TV; without it, it will be very hard to navigate through the Settings. But you can anytime reset or repair your remote to fix the issues.
Know This First!
There are two types of Roku remotes. They are:
- Roku Simple Remotes – It does not support the search through Voice feature.
- Roku Voice Remotes – You can be able to find the Microphone button that you can use to search through your Roku device using voice.
How to Reset your Roku Simple Remote
Important Note: The Roku remote reset process is applicable with Roku TV brands like onn, Hisense, Philips, Sharp, and all the other Roku TV brands.
Some reasons why your Roku Simple remote is not working is because:
- Your Roku remote batteries may be dead.
- There can be some obstruction between the point of contact of the remote and your Roku device.
- Some persisting problems with your Roku remote may cause the malfunction.
- For Roku Simple remote, there is no pairing or reset process.
In case you are facing any of the issues above, you can follow the steps below to reset or repair your remote:
1. Power off your Roku device and remove the batteries from your remote.
2. Next, turn on your Roku device and insert the batteries again.
3. Now, try to control your Roku device with your simple remote.
How to Reset your Roku Enhanced Remote
1. Initially, remove the batteries from your Roku remote.
2. Next, plug out your Roku device or TV cable from the power source.
3. Wait for 3-5 minutes and reconnect your Roku device to the power source.
4. After that, insert the batteries on your remote.
5. Next, press and hold the Pairing button on your remote until you see the status light flashes green.
6. After that, release the Pairing button and once again press the Pairing button on the remote until you see the status light flashes green.
7. You can also see the Pairing prompt on your Roku TVs screen.
8. Once the remote is paired, you can see the Reset prompt on your TV screen.
You can find the Reset button on the battery compartment.
You can find the Reset button on the side panel of your Roku TV. You can press that Reset button until your TV is turned off. After this, your Roku TV will turn off and turn on again automatically. This resets your Roku TV.