Internet Archive on Roku is a non-profit digital library that contains millions of free books, movies, software, music, and more. Anyone with a free account can upload media to the Internet Archive. They provide free access to Researchers, historians, scholars, people with print disabilities, and the general public. Moreover, the Internet Archive is connected to 920+ libraries. So, anyone with an internet connection can access the library of the Internet Archive to get any of their favorite content for free.
Features of Internet Archives
The following are the features offered by the Internet Archive platform:
- 625 billion web pages
- 38 million books and texts
- 14 million audio recordings (2,40,000 live concerts)
- 7 million videos (2 million television news programs)
- 4 million images
- 7,90,000 software programs
How to Access Internet Archive on Roku
Only the web version of the Internet Archive is available. Since Roku doesn’t support any web browsers, you need to mirror the Internet Archive to Roku from your Android or iOS device or PC.
Screen Mirror Internet Archive to Roku from Android Devices
Turn on the screen mirroring on Roku and follow the steps below:
1. First, open any web browser on your Android device and move to the official website of the Internet Archive.
2. Then, swipe down the Notification Panel from your Android device.
3. Select the Cast icon from the Notification Panel.
4. Click on your Roku device from the available devices list.
Note: Your Roku device will be only visible if it is connected to the same wifi network as your Android device.
5. Now, your Android device’s screen will be displayed on the Roku TV.
6. Move to the Internet Archive website from the browser.
7. You can now choose any content to mirror to Roku.
Screen Mirror Internet Archive to Roku from iOS Devices
1. Initially, enable the Airplay on Roku.
2. Then connect your Roku device and iOS device with the same wifi network.
3. Go to a web browser and visit https://archive.org/.
4. Bring down the Control Center from your iOS device.
5. Select the Screen Mirror icon from the menu.
6. From the available devices list, choose your Roku.
7. Return to the web page of the Internet Archive.
8. Choose your favorites and mirror them to Roku.
Screen Mirror Internet Archive on Roku from PC
1. Open a web browser on your PC.
2. And move to the official site of the Internet Archive.
3. Then select any content you want to watch.
4. Ensure that you have connected your Roku and PC to the same wifi network.
5. Press the Windows + K key simultaneously on the keyboard.
6. Now, select your Roku device from the pop-up menu.
7. Go back to the Internet Archive web page and mirror its content to your TV.
Hoopla on Roku is one of the best alternatives to the Internet Archive.
Yes, the Internet Archive is a free platform that contains digitalized books, movies, music, and so on for free.
The private channel of the Internet Archive is available on Roku. So, to get it, you need to use the code 71B0Y.