Have you purchased a new Roku device and are looking for ways to continue watching the MLS tournament? You can stream Major League Soccer (MLS) matches on our Roku by adding the Apple TV app from the Roku Channel Store. You can stream MLS on Apple TV exclusively with an active Season Pass. The Season Pass can be purchased by both Apple TV+ and non-Apple TV+ users.
The League stage of MLS 2023 started on February 25th and ended on October 21st, 2023. Now it’s the time to stream the MLS Cup Playoffs. With the USA becoming the host of the FIFA World Cup 2026, MLS is set to gain immense popularity and viewership in the coming years.
If you are keen to watch MLS Knockout Games on your Roku, check out this article, which includes the installation and activation steps for Apple TV.
Pricing of MLS Season Pass 2023
You can subscribe to MLS Season Pass on a Monthly or a Season basis on Apple TV. If you are an existing Apple TV+ subscriber, you’ll get an MLS Season Pass at a discounted price.
- Apple TV+ Subscriber – $12.99/month or $25/season.
- Non-Apple TV+ Subscriber – $14.99/month or $29/season.
What’s on MLS Season Pass
- Enjoy streaming every single MLS game, including the Playoffs.
- Watch MLS Next and Next Pro games, along with the Leagues Cup.
- Can get access to full match highlights, analysis, and originals.
- You can watch Featured Series, which has documentaries on all clubs and their history.
How to Get MLS Season Pass
Users can get an MLS season pass either through the Apple TV website or through the Apple TV app.
MLS Season Pass via Apple TV Website
1. Visit Apple TV’s official website on any browser.
2. Click on MLS Season Pass at the top and click Subscribe on the following page.
3. Sign in with your Apple ID if you have one. If not, create a new Apple ID and then get into your account.
4. Apple TV gives a 1-month free trial on MLS Season Pass to its new users. Redeem the code through its website.
5. Choose a plan of your choice and make the payment,
6. After the payment process, you’ll be a subscriber to MLS Season Pass.
MLS Season Pass via Apple TV App
1. Launch the Apple TV app on your Apple device.
2. Scroll down and select MLS Season Pass in the Channels section.
3. Click on Subscribe.
4. Sign in with your Apple ID and choose either of the Monthly or Yearly plans.
5. Further, click Subscribe. Don’t forget to redeem the free trial code if you are a new user.
6. Make the payment for the chosen plan and receive the credentials for streaming MLS.
How to Watch MLS Seasons 2023 on Roku
As already mentioned, Apple TV is available as a channel on Roku. You are required to add the channel and activate it to stream MLS on your Roku device.
1. Turn on your Roku device and connect it to the internet.
2. Scroll down and select the Streaming Channels option on the Roku home screen.
3. Then click Search Channels.
4. Now, enter Apple TV in the Search tab provided and search for the channel.
5. Select Apple TV in the suggestions and click Add Channel.
6. Now, Apple TV gets downloaded and added to your Roku device.
7. Launch the app by clicking Go to Channel.
How to Activate Apple TV on Roku
1. After launching the Apple TV app on your Roku, select the Settings option on its home screen.
2. Select Accounts and choose the Sign In option. Now, you’ll have the option to sign in.
3. You can do it either by directly entering your Apple account credentials (Apple ID) or through the web activation link (https://activate.apple.com/).
4. By choosing the activation link, you have to head to the activation website and enter the activation code displayed on your TV there.
5. After a successful login, open the MLS Season Pass channel and stream MLS matches on your Roku device.
How to Watch MLS on Roku Without Cable and Season Pass
Although not all, some of the MLS matches are streamed on Fox Sports, Fox Sports 1, and Fox Deportes in the United States. The most cost-effective way to get these channels is to choose a streaming service that provides you with these channels.
fuboTV on Roku is a paid streaming service offering 200+ channels, including several add-ons. For so long, fuboTV has been the go-to channel for sports lovers. Also, it offers 1000 hours worth of DVR storage. fubo TV has most of its content in 720p and 1080p quality.
fubo TV’s base plan, fubo Pro, which costs $74.99 a month, includes Fox Sports 1 along with several sports channels like ESPN, Bein Sports, etc.
Sling TV on Roku is a great alternative to the conventional cable network. It offers Live TV along with several on-demand content and add-ons. It is also a host of local TV channels. You can stream it on 3 devices concurrently and avail of 50 to 200 hours of cloud DVR storage.
Sling TV’s Sling Blue and Sling Blue + Orange package, which cost $40/month and $55/month, respectively, has several channels, including Fox Sports 1.
DirectTV on Roku is a streaming service very similar to Sling TV. It offers Live TV channels along with on-demand content. It comes with a cloud DVR feature with no extra charges, an integrated voice remote, a 72-hour lookback feature, and many more.
DirecTV offers four different plans, namely Entertainment, Choice, Ultimate, and Premier. Fox Sports 1 is available even in its base plan, i.e., Entertainment. The Entertainment Plan is priced at $74.99/month.
Other Services to Consider: You can even watch MLS on YouTube TV and Hulu + Live TV, with an active subscription.
MLS Cup Playoffs Schedule
|New York vs FC Cincinnati
|FC Dallas vs Seattle
|Sporting KC vs St. Louis City
|Vancouver vs Los Angeles FC
|Real Salt Lake vs Houston
|Atlanta vs Columbus Crew
|Nashville SC vs Orlando City SC
|New England vs Philadelphia
|Los Angeles FC vs Vancouver
Yes. You can share your season pass with 5 members through the Family Sharing feature.
No. Apple TV+ subscription is not necessary to buy an MLS Season Pass. However, existing Apple TV+ subscribers get MLS Season Pass at a discounted price.
Yes. With the MLS Season Pass, you can get a one-month free trial. This offer is valid till October 31st, 2023.