Sometimes you can find the Discovery Plus application not working on your Roku device. This issue might arise because of the cache stored on your Roku device. The cache is why your Roku device is running slow and causes the application to crash in the middle. The cache stored on your Roku may cause a temporary problem for the whole system. So, you have to clear the cache on your Roku device to run it smoothly. You can remove the cache by simply restarting your Roku device. Sometimes the Discovery Plus applications may not work because of a technical glitch in the application. So, to resolve the issue, you have to contact the customer support team. Then, they will reply to you with a technical guide to help you with the Discovery Plus application not working problem.
How to Fix Discovery Plus Not Working On Roku?
There are ways to fix the Discovery Plus not working on your Roku device-connected TV. They are:
Clear the cache of your Roku device
Contact the Customer support team
1. Clear Cache on Roku
To clear the cache on your Roku, you need to restart your Roku device, and there are two ways to restart your Roku device. They are:
- Through Settings
- Using Roku remote
Restart Roku Device through Settings
1. Press the Home button on your Roku device.
2. Select Settings and choose System.
3. In the System section, choose System Restart.
4. Then, select Restart.
5. Now, the Roku device will begin to restart.
Restart Roku Device Using Roku Remote
Perform the steps given below on your Roku remote to restart your Roku device.
- Press the Home button five times.
- Then, press the Up button once.
- Now, press the Rewind button two times.
- Finally, select the Fast Forward button once
Now, it will take up to 30 seconds to restart your Roku device. Now, you can open the Discovery Plus app and start streaming your favorite TV series and movies.
2. Re-Login to Discovery Plus
If the Discovery Plus channel on your Roku is not working, this might be due to crashing issues. So, try logging out of the Discovery Plus channel and re-login again. To do that, you can follow the steps below:
1. Whing you are on the Discovery Plus channel, select the Profile icon.
2. After that, scroll down and choose Settings.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the interface and select the Log out button.
4. Finally, you have logged out of the Discovery Plus channel.
5. After that, go to the home screen and select Home from the left pane.
6. Next, press the Right Arrow button on your Roku remote.
7. Choose the Discovery Plus channel and launch it.
8. Select the Log in button and enter your credentials to log in to your account.
Now, you can check if Discovery Plus is working or not.
Update Discovery Plus
The reason why the Discovery Plus is not opening is that you may be using an outdated version of the Discovery Plus. So, update the Discovery Plus app by following the steps below.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Next, press the Right Arrow button on your remote.
3. Navigate and select the Discovery Plus channel and press the Asterisk button.
4. Now, choose the Check for Updates from the pop-up window.
5. Finally, if an update is found, the Discovery Plus channel will be automatically updated.
Your Roku device’s performance must be poor; that’s why you can’t open the Discovery Plus app. This is because you may not have updated your Roku device to the latest version. So, follow the steps below to update Roku.
1. From the Roku home screen, select Settings.
2. Now, choose the System option from the left pane.
3. After that, choose the System Update option.
4. Select the Check Now button.
5. Your Roku device will now scan for any possible update.
If an update is found, your Roku Roku device will automatically download and install the update.
Resetting your Roku device may fix all the issues within your Roku device. So, if the Discovery Plus is still not working, Reset your Roku as a last resort.
1. Go to Settings from the home screen.
2. Navigate to the System option.
3. From the System section, select Advanced System Settings.
4. Next, select the Factory Reset option.
5. Enter the code displayed on the bottom of your screen and select the OK button.
6. Finally, select the Start factory reset option to factory reset your Roku device-connected TV.
Contact the Customer Support
1. Visit the official support page of Discovery Plus.
2. Enter your Email address and your Country name.
3. In the Additional Information section, enter the following:
- Enter the device name as Roku
- Mention the version of the Discovery Plus application you are using
4. It is optional to take a screenshot of the problem you are facing with the Discovery Plus application.
5. Then, click on Submit.
6. The customer support team will get back to you within four hours.
Yes, the Discovery Plus channel works on Roku very well.
Yes, with the basic troubleshooting methods, you can easily solve the Discovery Plus not working issues.