Discovery Plus is a leading TV channel that streams popular movies, TV shows, and Documentary content on its platform. By being the best in the field, in rare cases, the Discovery Plus channel on Roku falls into the not working and other performance issues. Excluding the not working issue, you can experience the Discovery app crashing, not loading, login issues, frozen screen, or not opening on your streaming devices. This might happen due to some unknown factors. But these issues can be rectified easily with simple troubleshooting steps from the following technical guide.
Reasons for Discovery Plus Not Working on Roku
The improper functioning of the Discovery Plus channel on your Roku device comprises various aspects. But the following issues might be a real one for your not working issue.
- Low network bandwidth
- Temporary bugs on the device
- Corrupted app
- Outdated app and device OS
- Outdated subscription
How to Fix Discovery Plus Not Working on Roku
To fix every not working and other performance issue on your Discovery Plus app, follow the upcoming troubleshooting measures on your Roku device.
- Check for System Requirements
- Check Discovery Plus Server Status
- Check Internet connection
- Restart your WiFi router
- Restart your Roku device
- Clear Cache files on Roku
- Relogin to your Discovery Plus account
- Update the Discovery Plus channel on Roku
- Update Roku Firmware
- Uninstall and Reinstall Discovery Plus
- Factory Reset Roku
- Contact Customer Support
Check for System Requirements
If you’re using an old Roku device for your streaming, then there might be a compatibility issue. Roku devices that are below Roku Express 3700X are not compatible with the Discovery Plus channel. So check whether your device is above this device model. If the compatibility is ain’t an issue, then move on to the next fix.
Check For Discovery Plus Server Status
The improper functioning and not working of the Discovery Plus on Roku might happen if there is a server issue. If the data packets and signals are not received properly from the servers, your call functioning on the app will not work. So check whether there is a server outage on Discovery Plus. You can find this by visiting the social media pages of the Discovery Plus channel or using a third-party website like Downdetector. If the problem is with the servers, then you need to wait until the server outage is fixed. If the servers are fine, then work out other troubleshooting steps on your Roku device to resolve this issue.
Check Internet connection
The main issue for many not working issues and buffering issues lies with the internet connection. So try checking whether your internet connection is up to a limit that satisfies the required internet connection. So check your internet connection status on your Roku from the network section.
1. Go to the Roku home screen and select the Settings option.
2. Next, click on the Network option on the screen.
3. Now, tap on the Check Connection option to see the network status of your Roku device.
If you find any drop on the internet, then try reconnecting your Rou device to the WiFi router. Or try connecting your Roku to a different WiFi network.
Restart Your WiFi Router
If you find that the problem is with the internet dropping, then you can fix this issue by restarting your WiFi router. A simple restart will eliminate the network lag and boost the internet speed.
1. Turn off your WiFi router by killing the power or pressing the turn-off switch.
2. Let the Router idle for 3-5 mins.
3. Then, power on your Router and wait for 1 minute for your Router to establish the connection.
4. Now, connect your WIFi network to your Roku device and check whether the network issue is solved or not.
Restart your Roku Device
Restarting your Roku device comes in handy for fixing any Not Working issues within the Roku device. So do a restart on your Roku device to fix the not working issue of the Discovery Plus app.
1. On the Roku home screen, go to the Settings option.
2. Click on the System option on the left.
3. Then, hit System Restart → Restart option.
4. After restarting finishes, check whether the fix has solved the Discovery Plus not working or not.
Clear Cache Files on Roku
The temporary cache files act as a perfect partner for quick loading and accessing, But sometime the same cache files might store in bulk and cause issues in streaming. These corrupted files might interfere with your device or app’s performance. So clearing the cache files on Roku will help you fix this not working and other related streaming issues.
1. On your Roku remote, press the Home button 5 times.
2. Then, select the Up button once.
3. Tap on the Rewind button Twice.
4. Now, press the Fast Forward button twice.
By doing this, your Roku device will clear the cache files in its software and perform a restart. After clearing the cache, check whether the Discovery Plus not working issue is solved or not.
Relogin to your Discovery Plus Account
Try logging out and logging into your Discovery Plus account. This fix has worked for many users in fixing the Not Working issues of the Discovery Plus app.
1. Launch the Discovery Plus app on Roku.
2. Click on the Profile icon on the screen and click the Sign–out option.
3. Now, close and open the Discovery Plus app again.
4. Hit the Sign in button on the screen and finish the activation process to log in to your account.
5. Now, choose any content and check whether Discovery Plus is working or not.
Update the Discovery Plus Channel on Roku
Running outdated software can show some performance issues, and you find it difficult to run updated content on the old software. So if your Discovery Plus app is outdated, then try updating it to fix the not working issue on Roku.
1. On the Roku home screen, click on the Channels section and navigate to Discovery Plus app.
2. Highlight the Discovery Plus app and hit the * (Asterisk) button on Roku remote.
3. From the pop-up, click on the Check for Updates option.
4. If any update is available, Roku will automatically update the app to the new version.
If there is no update and you still face the issue, move on to the next category.
Update Roku Firmware
Like outdated software, your Roku device also should be updated to the current version for seamless streaming and good performance. Update your Roku device by following the below steps.
1. Tap on the Settings option on the home screen.
2. Under settings, select the System option.
3. Tap on the System Update and select the Check Now button.
4. If your Roku device is outdated, the new update will start unpacking, and your device will update to the current version.
5. After updating, open the Discovery Plus app and check whether the issue is solved or not.
Uninstall and Reinstall Discovery Plus
In some cases, the Discovery Plus app on your Roku device will get corrupted after a long time of usage or be affected by cache files. So this might be one of the major reasons for your Discovery Plus not loading issue on your Roku device. So uninstall and reinstall the Discovery Plus app to remove the corrupted files and install the updated file of the app.
1. Go to the Roku home screen and click on the Channels option.
2. Highlight Discovery Plus and press the * button on your Roku remote.
3. Now, click on the Remove Channel option from the pop-up displayed on your screen to remove the app on Roku.
4. After removing the channel, go back to home screen and click on the Streaming Channels option.
5. Choose the Search Channels option and type Discovery Plus on the search bar.
6. Now, pick out the app from the search results and click on the Add Channel option.
7. Launch the installed app and follow the sign-in procedure and check whether the issue solved the Discovery Plus Not Working issue on your Roku device.
Factory Reset Roku
Try out this method as a last move before going to the tech support of Discovery Plus. By doing a Factory reset on the Roku device, it will remove and clear out any bugs and glitches in the software. But remember to take a backup before resetting.
1. On home, click on the Settings option.
2. From the Settings, choose the System option.
3. Scroll down and click on the Advanced System Settings option.
4. Now, choose the Factory Reset option.
5. Enter the PIN displayed on the screen and tap the OK button.
6. Now, click on the Start Factory Reset option to initialize the reset process.
7. After resetting, install the Discovery Plus on Roku, sign in, and check whether the not working issue is solved or not.
Contact Customer Support
If every step doesn’t fix your issue, then go to the customer support of Discovery Plus service to resolve your issues. You can go with the contact us form or by using the live chat feature on the website to reach out the customer support.
The Discovery Plus not working on Roku might depend on a poor internet connection, an outdated app, cache files, a corrupted app, and more.
Yes, the Discovery Plus app runs fine on Roku devices. You can install the app from the Roku channel store and stream its content hassle-free.
No, currently, the Discovery Plus servers are up and running seamlessly.