Simple TV was a DVR service that can help you record shows from your providers and watch them later or on other devices. Simple TV DVR connects to an external USB hard drive. The subscription for the DVR costs you $199 per year. It stores the programs in a hard drive after recording them. Furthermore, you can enjoy watching them on Roku, PC, and a few other supported devices. However, the Simple TV doesn’t exist anymore, and you can’t get it on Roku. So, today let’s discuss the possible replacements for Simple TV on Roku.
Simple TV on Roku
As SimpleTV doesn’t function anymore, we need to know about the possible replacements for the same. So let’s discuss the top alternatives for Simple TV on Roku.
Simple TV Alternatives on Roku
- Tablo TV
- YouTube TV
- Sling TV
- AT&T TV
- Hulu + Live TV
Tablo TV is somewhat similar to Simple TV in many ways and is an over-the-air DVR. It doesn’t provide any content of its own while it helps you record content and stream later. Tablo TV doesn’t have any subscription plans in it. However, you need the Tablo DVR, HDTV antennae, hard drive, and a home network to record and play content on Roku. The advantageous feature of Tablo TV is that you can pause and skip the recorded content. Additionally, you can enable a feature on Tablo Tv that skips ads automatically while recording. Furthermore, you can download the Tablo TV from the Roku channel store.
YouTube TV is the live TV streaming option from Google. It streams around 70 Live TV channels and on-demand content at $64.99 every month. This is the best service provider on Roku and has cloud DVR storage features for its users.
- The basic Youtube TV subscription package comes with unlimited cloud DVR storage space.
- Additionally, you can keep the recordings for as long as 9 months.
To put it simply, you don’t have to pay any extra charges for this cloud DVR feature and can record your favorite shows.
When it comes to the best collection of sports channels, fuboTV tops the charts. fuboTV has a lot of good live TV channels and attractive sports add-ons. It also comes with cloud DVR storage space to record shows so that you won’t miss them out.
- The base package of fuboTV gives you free 30 hours of cloud DVR.
- Get 250 hours of cloud DVR at $9.99 per month in the Starter plan
- Also, get 1000 hours of cloud DVR at $16.99 in the Pro and Elite plans
SlingTV is a popular American Live TV and on-demand content streaming. It has two basic plans Sling Blue and Sling Orange, with different add-ons.
- On Sling, you get 50 hours of free cloud DVR
- DVR Plus gives you around 200 hours of DVR at $5
- You can record more than one show at the same same time
- It comes with features to pause and fast-forward the recordings
Furthermore, you can lock your recordings to prevent them from being deleted.
AT&T TV is another best Live TV streaming platform with different packages called Entertainment, Choice, Xtra, Premier, and Ultimate. With these packages, you get DVR features as well.
- AT&T TV gives you 20 hours free to fight with the FOMO of your favorite shows.
- If you need more space, get an unlimited DVR at $10
- Also, fast forward through shows and commercials
- Furthermore, you can record multiple shows at the same time
- The recordings will expire after 90 days
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV is one of the best Live TV options with additional on-demand content. It has different plans with and without ads. Additionally, it has DVR features.
- With a basic Hulu subscription, get free 50 hours of cloud DVR
- Enhanced Cloud DVR add-on of $9.99 gives additional 200 hours
- The recordings are stored in the My Stuff section
The DVR recordings exist as long as you are subscribed to Hulu. Furthermore, you can pause your account and saves the DVR recordings.
We have discussed the best replacements for the Simple TV DVR feature. Nowadays, w get free DVR with the service providers. This means you get access to your favorite channels and on-demand content with free DVR. Moreover, many of them have attractive plans and add-ons, and free trials. Above all, you don’t need any external device to keep the recordings.