TV One is one whole entertainment package for you anywhere and at any time. It is an American cable channel from Urban One streaming nationwide in the US. The entertainment contents on TV One include lifestyle series, documentaries, movies, and sitcoms. It is not just the series you watch on TV One, but also the behind the scene clips and other related contents of the series available for streaming. Furthermore, get to watch Original content, concerts, and similar performances with TV One on Roku.
How to Get TV One on Roku
The TV One has its official app on Roku to add this entertainment channel to your channel list. Now, all we need to do is download and add the channel.
1. Firstly, press the Home button on your remote. This will launch the Roku home page.
2. Secondly, from the sidebar on your screen, select the Streaming Channels options.
3. Next, navigate to the Search Channel option and select it. Now a search bar appears on your screen.
4. Type TV One on the available search bar using the on-screen keyboard and search for it.
5. Now, choose the TV One app from the suggestion of apps.
6. Click on the Add Channel button. This will start downloading the app on Roku.
7. Once the download is complete, select the OK button from the prompt.
8. Next, choose the Go to Channel option to launch the TV One channel.
How to Activate TV One on Roku
1. Once you launch the TV One on Roku, you will get a registration code on the screen or select the Login button to generate the activation code. Note the activation code.
2. Next, visit the TV One activation web page https://tvone.tv/activate/ on any web browser.
3. Enter the registration code and choose your cable TV operator. Next, click on Submit.
4. Now, sign in with your cable TV subscription account.
5. Finally, you have activated the TV One channel on your Roku device-connected TV.
6. You can now go to the TV One channel and watch all your favorites on Roku.
How to Watch TV One on Roku without a Cable
With the following streaming service, you can access the TV One channel on Roku without a cable.
1. DirecTV Stream
DirecTV Stream on Roku is a popular American service provider with attractive packages. You can watch TV One on DirecTV Stream on its different packages. If you already have a DirecTV Stream subscription, all you need to do is search for TV One. The plans on DirecTV Stream with TV One are
- Entertainment: With more than 90 channels at $69.99 per month.
- Choice: With more than 120 channels at $89.99 per month.
- Ultimate: With more than 130 channels at $104.99 per month.
- Premier: With more than 140 channels at $149.99 per month.
With the Philo on Roku subscription at $25 per month, you can access the TV One channel. Since Philo is a budget-friendly streaming service, you will have no problem accessing this channel. Also, as a part of their subscription plan, you will get a 7-day free trial and access to 50+ cable TV channels that include MSNBC, MTV, Paramount Plus, TLC, and more.
Alternative Method: Screen Mirroring
You can watch TV One with its official app on Android devices. Further, you can mirror your devices on Roku and watch TV One as well. To do that, you have to enable the screen mirroring on Roku.
1. Start by connecting the Roku device to the HDMI port of your TV. Further, connect to a strong Wi-Fi network.
2. Next, choose the Settings option that you see on the sidebar of the home page.
3. From the settings menu, select the System option.
4. Choose the Screen mirroring option from the menu.
5. Choose the Screen mirroring Mode option.
6. Finally, select the Prompt option from the menu. By selecting the prompt option, Roku prompts you to allow screen-mirroring every single time.
Screen Mirroring TV One from Android Smartphone
Now, we should screen-mirror TV One app on Roku from our smartphones.
1. Initially, connect your Android phone to the same Wi-Fi as your Roku. With this, screen mirroring between these two devices becomes possible.
2. Now, visit the Google Play Store and search for TV One. From the search results, choose the TV One app.
3. Select the Install button. Once the installation ends, Open the app.
4. Sign In to the app with credentials. Now, close the app.
4. Swipe your Android Smartphone’s screen from up to down. This brings down the Notification Panel.
5. From the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
6. Now, choose your Roku device.
7. Next, launch the TV One app and play any content to watch on your streaming device.
Screen Mirror TV One from iOS Smartphone
Make sure to turn on the AirPlay on Roku and follow the steps below:
1. Initially, connect your iOS Smartphone and Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Open the App Store on your iOS Smartphone.
3. Search and install the TV One app.
4. Next, bring down the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
5. Then, choose your Roku device.
6. Afterward, launch the TV One app and sign in to your account.
7. Finally, choose your favorites and watch them on your streaming device.
The TV One app brings to you not only an updated library but also some useful features. It lets you create your own watchlists so that you never miss your favorite content. Furthermore, keep yourself updated with the schedules of ongoing and upcoming series and movies. Some binge-worthy content on TVOne includes Love That Girl, ATL Homicide, Here We Go Again, and Fatal Attraction. Apart from these, you can watch the news as well as sports on TV One. Now you know why TV One is that entertainment package you want. Now, with TV One on Roku, never miss out on entertainment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the TV One app is available on the Channel Store.
Uninstall and Reinstall the TV One channel. Then, try to access the TV One channel.