Baseball may look different this year, but one thing is still the same: Almost all of the fore coming baseball league matches will stream to your Roku TV. Here’s how to watch baseball on Roku – free.
For Baseball fans, head right to the MLB channel on Roku. The MLB channel lets you watch all the out-of-market games live and previously broadcasted baseball matches on your Roku TV. In addition, it includes Game of the Day, highlights, scores, standings, world series films, on-demand documentaries, original series, classic games, and breaking news. Now, in the following guide, let us show you how you can watch the baseball games on your Roku TV for free.
Related: How to watch Red Cox on Roku
How to Watch Baseball on Roku Free – Via MLB
You must note that there is no way to stream the Baseball matches for free. However, you will get a 7-day free trial with a subscription to MLB TV. And throughout the free trial period, you won’t be charged for watching the baseball games with MLB TV. After that, the subscription will cost you $139.99 per year. With this plan, you can stream the baseball games of the entire season, previous seasons, and on-demand content. Also, with the steps below, you can easily get the MLB TV app on your Roku TV to watch baseball games for free.
1. Turn on your Roku TV and connect to an internet connection.
2. Next, from your Roku TV home screen, navigate to the Streaming Channels.
3. Then, click on the Search Channels option.
4. Then, type ‘MLB TV’ on the search bar and search for the app. Next, select the MLB TV channel in the search result.
5. On the MLB Channels overview page, click on Add Channels option to add MLB on Roku.
6. Once the MLB TV channel is added to your Roku TV, click on the OK button from the prompt.
7. Now, click on the Go to Channels option to launch the MLB TV app.
8. Click on the Login option from the home page.
9. Enter the Email Address, Password associated with your MLB account in the required fields and select Log In.
10. Once you log in to the MLB channel, you can start streaming any of your favorite baseball matches in it on Roku.
Related: How to watch Astros on Roku
Alternative Method – How to Watch Baseball on Roku Without a Cable for Free
The following are the streaming services you can use to watch the baseball games on your Roku TV for free.
Sling TV enables you to watch MLB on Roku. It offers three subscription plans for its users like Orange Package ($35 per month), Blue Package ($35 per month), and Orange & Blue Package ($50 per month). All of its packages come with MLB and so many other popular sports channels. So get a subscription to any of its packages, add the Sling TV on Roku, and start streaming MLB TV in it.
MLB TV channel is now on DirecTV Stream. All of its subscription plans like the Entertainment Package ($69.99 per month), Choice Package ($79.99 per month), Ultimate Package ($94.99 per month), and Premier Package ($139.99 per month). Get a subscription to any of its plans, add the DirecTV Stream Channel on Roku, search and start watching MLB TV in it.
NOTE: You will have a 5-day free trial to DirecTV Stream, which you can use to watch baseball games free.
Also, by subscribing to YouTube TV, you can stream the baseball games on your Roku. And you have to subscribe to the YouTube TV at $64.99 per month. Then, only you will get a 7-day free trial. Also, 85+ live TV channels are included with this package. In addition, you will get an unlimited cloud DVR feature that you can use to record your favorite shows to watch them offline.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can watch baseball on Roku.
The MLB TV app is free to add on to Roku. But to access the MLB TV app, you need a subscription.