It is almost common in Roku devices that applications like Spotify may stop working in the middle. Their reason may be that you might not have updated your Roku device to the latest version or might have overloaded your Roku device with a lot of channels installed. This issue can be resolved instantly if you update your Roku device. This will result in the entire update of your Roku system. However, sometimes not working issues may result in some technical glitches, and there is a trick to resolve the technical glitch. Roku is working on an update to its firmware to rectify the not working issue. But it may take a while. If you want an immediate solution, you can refer to the section below and start listening to Spotify music again.
How to Fix Spotify Not Working On Roku Issue?
There are four ways to fix Spotify’s not working issue. They are:
- Restart the Spotify app.
- Update the Spotify app.
- Update your Roku device.
- Remove Spotify and add it again.
- Check your Account Details.
- Restart Roku.
- Factory Reset Roku.
- Power Cycle Roku.
- Contact Roku Support.
Method 1: Restart the Spotify App
First of all, try restarting the Spotify app if it is not working. You can simply do this by pressing the Back button on your Roku TV remote. Then, you can go to the Roku TV home screen to launch the Spotify app. After that, you can find out if the fix is working or not.
Method 2: Update Spotify App
1. Press the Home Button on your Roku remote.
2. Next, press the Right Arrow button on your Roku TV remote and select the Spotify app from the channels list.
3. Press the Asterisk button (*) on your Roku remote. A popup menu will appear on the screen.
4. Select Check for Updates.
5. If an update is found, the Spotify app will be updated.
After the update, you can find out if the fix has worked for you or not.
Method 3: Update your Roku Device
The following are the steps that you can use to update your Roku device.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku device.
2. Select Settings from the home screen.
3. Then, select System.
4. Under the System section, choose System Update.
5. Now, select Update Now to update your Roku device.
Method 4: Remove Spotify and Add it again
The following steps will help you to delete channels on Roku (Spotify).
1. Press the Home button on your Roku device.
2. Select the Spotify application.
3. Press the Asterisk button on your Roku remote.
4. Select Remove Channel to remove the Spotify from Roku.
5. Again, press the Home button on your Roku device.
6. Select Streaming Channels and choose Search Channels.
7. Search for Spotify and choose the same application from the search result.
8. Select Add Channel to add Spotify to your Roku TV.
9. Then, open the Spotify app and log in to your account.
10. Now, the Spotify app will work properly on your Roku.
Method 5: Check your Account Details
One of the many reasons that we can think of is that your subscription validity may have expired. And you may not have noticed that. So, double-check your Spotify premium account and try again. Anyhow you can renew the Spotify music subscription anytime you want.
Method 6: Restart Roku
Restarting Roku is another working method that you can follow to remove the errors or bugs on your Roku device. And below are the steps that you can use to restart your Roku device.
1. Select Settings from the Roku home screen.
2. Now, choose the System option.
3. From the System section, click on System Restart.
4. Select the Restart option.
Again select the Restart option from the prompt to restart your Roku device. After that, your Roku device will turn off and again turn on automatically.
Method 7: Factory Reset Roku
On the one end, Factory Resettings your Roku device, has a high probability of fixing the issues on your Roku device. But on the other end, all the files stored on your streaming device will be removed. However, this process will remove the errors on your Roku device.
1. Turn on your Roku TV and press the Home button on your Roku TV remote.
2. Then, scroll down and select Settings from the home page.
3. Now, choose the System option.
4. From the System section, select the Advanced System Settings option.
5. Now, select the Factory Reset option.
6. Enter your Roku PIN if required and select the OK button.
7. Finally, select the Start factory reset button from the prompt to reset your Roku device.
Method 8 – Power Cycle Roku
Power Cycling Roku is one of the easiest troubleshooting methods that you can try to fix the issues on the Spotify app. And you can simply power cycle your Roku by Unplugging the Roku device connected to your TV. Then, wait for 5 to 10 minutes. After that, you connect the Roku device to the HDMI port of your Roku TV and turn it on. That’s all, guys. You have successfully power cycled your Roku device. You can now check if you have fixed the issues on the Spotify app.
Method 9: Contact Roku Support
If your Spotify app is still not working after following all the fixes mentioned above, you can try Contacting the Roku support team to fix the issues on the Spotify app.
So, if you come across the same situation as we have discussed in this section, you can follow the methods above to rectify the Spotify not working on the Roku issue. Don’t get worried or get frustrated. Just follow the steps above and listen to Spotify music instantly.
You can clear the Cache on Roku if the Spotify app is not working.
Yes, you can easily fix the Spotify app not working issue on Roku.
There may be some underlying issues on your Roku device or the Spotify app, and that’s why the Spotify channel is not working.