NBA, or National Basketball Association, is the best league in the world when it comes to professional Basketball. Since its inception, NBA has been churning out top basketball players and for this very reason, it is one of the most-watched tournaments across the world. The ongoing edition of the NBA, which started on October 18, 2022, has reached its final stage, where the winner will be decided based on a 7-match series. This year’s finalists, Denver Nuggets and Miami Heat are currently tied 1-1. As a basketball enthusiast, you can’t afford to miss out on watching top stars like Nikola Jokic and Jimmy Butler in full action, fighting it out for the elusive title. With 5 more matches remaining, fans can stream the NBA Finals 2023 on Roku on the official NBA app and also on TV channels like ABC and TNT.
How to Watch NBA Finals 2023 on Roku via NBA Channel
You can watch NBA games live on the NBA app with an NBA League Pass subscription. NBA League Pass gives you access to live games, replays, highlights and select classic games. All out-of-market games and NBA TV contents are also gettable with the League Pass. But nationally-broadcasted games and games that are telecasted on ABC, ESPN, and TNT won’t be available with the League Pass.
How Much is NBA League Pass?
NBA League pass has two kinds of plans. They are NBA League Pass and NBA League Pass Premium.
- NBA League Pass: $14.99/month; It comes with 1 simultaneous stream and includes NBA TV.
- NBA League Pass Premium: $19.99/month. It offers 2 simultaneous streams and has NBA TV.
How to Sign up for NBA League Pass
1. Visit the NBA League Pass website on a PC/mobile browser.
2. On the home page, choose a plan and click Subscribe.
3. Now, sign in with your NBA ID.
4. Create your own NBA ID by providing the required information, like e-mail, password, name, and date of birth. Click Create Account after entering them.
5. Now, the payment section opens up. Provide your payment details and click Subscribe.
6. Make a successful payment and activate your NBA League Pass.
NOTE: NBA League Pass can also be subscribed to through the NBA App, several live TV Streaming services, and Cable TV.
How to Get and Stream NBA Channel on Roku
1. Turn on your Roku device and connect it to the internet.
2. On Roku’s home screen, scroll down and select the Streaming Channels option.
3. In that, click the Search Channels option and search for the NBA app using the search tab that follows.
4. Select the app in the search results and click on Add Channel option on the following page.
5. Now, the app gets downloaded and added to your Roku device.
6. Click on Go to Channel and launch the app.
7. After launching the app, sign in with your NBA ID.
8. Now, you can watch NBA games live on your Roku device.
TIP: If you have subscribed to NBA League Pass via live TV streaming services, click on My Account → My TV Provider options in the NBA app and log in with your respective TV provider ID.
How to Watch NBA Finals 2023 on Roku With a Cable TV Subscription
Fortunately, these channels are available on the Roku Channel Store. So, download these channels on your Roku and use your Cable TV provider credentials to sign in to your respective account and enjoy watching NBA Finals.
How to Watch NBA Finals 2023 on Roku Without Cable
You can watch NBA games on Roku even without a cable subscription. All NBA streaming channels like ABC, ESPN, TNT, NBA TV, and NBA League Pass add-on are available on many live TV streaming services on a subscription basis. These streaming services are officially available as channels on Roku as well. Some of the popular services are given below.
YouTube TV is one of the leading streaming services offering 100+ TV channels. This also includes NBA streaming channels like ABC and TNT. In addition to this, it offers unlimited DVR space, several networks, and add-ons on a subscription basis. Youtube TV allows simultaneous streams on 3 devices as well.
Youtube TV has two kinds of plans, Base Plan and Spanish Plan. The Base plan provides 100s of English language TV channels, while Spanish Plan offers only Spanish networks. Base Plan and Spanish Plan costs $72.99 and $34.99 per month, respectively. NBA League Pass is available as a separate add-on costing $14.99/month.
DirecTV Stream is a streaming service that comes with an array of features like live TV channels, 65,000 on-demand content, unlimited cloud DVR storage, unlimited in-home streams, etc. Depending upon your package and billing region, it offers regional sports and local channels also.
DirecTV offers 4 kinds of packages. DirecTV’s base plan (Entertainment) itself includes networks like ABC, Fox, NBC, TNT, and CBS. The Entertainment plan costs $64.99 /month and offers 165+ channels. NBA Live Pass is also available as an add-on on DirecTV.
fuboTV is a streaming service exclusive to sports. It’s a bit pricey compared to other services. fuboTV offers several local channels, add-ons, live TV channels, and many more. It also offers features like 1000hrs of DVR storage, 10 simultaneous streams, and 220+ channels on its highest plan.
fubo TV has 4 different plans, namely Pro, Elite, Ultimate, and Latino. NBA streaming channels like ABC, TNT, and the NBA app are included with the Pro plan. fubo TV’s Pro plan costs $74.99/month.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. You can’t watch in-market games and the games that are telecasted via ABC, ESPN, and TNT live with NBA League Pass.
Yes. NBA League Pass offers a 7-day free trial to its new users.
ABC network is currently streaming the NBA Finals 2023. You can get it on a cable network and also through streaming services.