Peacock TV is one of the on-demand video-streaming platforms of 2020, developed by NBC Universal. Like NBC application, Peacock TV also streams movies, TV shows, and entertainment shows on different categories like comedy, dramas, series, short films, etc. It was initially launched only on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex by NBC Universal and extended its service to many more devices. Currently, it is not available on Roku and Amazone fire TV. Here some of the ways to watch Peacock TV on Roku.
Peacock TV Watchlist
- You can watch a movie produced by some of the greatest production companies in the world like Universal, DreamWorks Animation, and Focus Features.
- Most popular TV shows like The Office, Parks and Recreation, Yellowstone, Brooklynn Nine-Nine, Cheers, Everybody loves Raymond, Downtown Abbey, and many more binge-worthy shows
- Sport – NFL Wild Card playoff game, Olympics and Paralympics coverage, U.S. Open, U.S. Women’s Open and Ryder Cup golf, and more
- It also offers content from some most popular studios like NBC, Bravo, USA Network, SYFY, Oxygen, E!, CNBC, MSNBC, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Universal Kids, A&E, ABC, CBS, The CW, FOX, HISTORY, Nickelodeon, Showtime, Universal Pictures, DreamWorks, Focus Features, Illumination, ViacomCBS, Paramount, Lionsgate, Warner Bros., and Blumhouse
Peacock TV Available devices
- Microsoft edge
- Android (version 6.0 and above)
- iOS (11 and above)
- Android-enabled TV (Android OS 5.1 and above)
- Apple TV (4th generation and above with TV OS11 or above)
- LG Smart TV
- Vizio TV (SmartCast 2.0 or 3.0 available in model 2015 and newer)
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox one
Cox and Streaming devices
- Contour Box with Voice Remote
- Contour Stream Player
- Chromecast (2nd Generation and above)
- XG1v1 (Arris)
Peacock TV Subscription
- Peacock Premium subscription is absolutely free for all Xfinity Flex and Xfinity X1 subscribed customers who are using Xfinity Internet or Digital Starter TV.
- Or-else, Peacock Premium subscription is about $4.99 per month (with limited ads). You save 40% by subscribing to the yearly package for about $29.99 per year.
- To watch Peacock TV with no ads, then you can add Peacock Premium plus plan cost $5 per month along with the premium subscription
Peacock on Roku Streaming Devices
(1) Press the Home Button on your Roku remote .
(2) In Roku menu, select Settings.
(3) Now Click settings from the menu.
(4) Click on Screen mirroring, then screen mirroring mode.
(5) Under Screen mirroring mode, select Always allow or prompt (Always allow allows you to mirror any device on connecting and prompt will ask you for confirmation to mirror before casting).
(6) Now Open the peacock TV site in your desktop.
(7) Open Settings in your desktop and system settings.
(8) Under Display settings, select the Connect to wireless displays.
(9) Select you Roku device from the list .
(10) Start playing your favorite movies and TV shows form peacock TV.
Related: FandangoNow on Roku
Peacock TV using Chromecast on Roku TV
(1) Turn on your Roku TV.
(2) Connect the chromecast device in the HDMI port on your Roku TV.
(3) Open Google Home App in your smartphone
(4) Select Device if already paired or Add by clicking on the add icon (Plus icon) in the top left corner of the screen.
(5) Select your Chromecast device from the list and click on “Cast My Screen” option.
- Make sure both the Chromecast device and the casting device are connected to the same WiFi networks.
- Settings may slightly vary from device to device but the procedure is the same.
(6) After connecting download and install Peacock TV app in your smartphone.
(8) Now start playing your favorite movie and TV show.
Related: HBO Go on Roku
You can stream directly from your PC/Desktop just by plugging the HDMI cable from your PC to your Roku TV and start streaming Peacock TV.
Thus, the steps were illustrated clearly to add Peacock on Roku TV and streaming player. Let’s hope Peacock TV will soon be added to the Roku channel store and make it much easier to watch Peacock TV on Roku. Make use of the comment section below if you have any doubt and for more Roku related content explore the page.