Eventhough the Twitch app is not on Roku, you can get the app with the private channel code. Since the Twitch app you installed on Roku is unofficial, there can be a lot of bugs that might cause you streaming issues. You may face loading issues, crashing issues, and many more. However, there are a lot of troubleshooting measures you can follow to fix the Twitch app not working issue on Roku.
Why is Twitch Not Working on Roku
The following are the reasons why the Twitch app on Roku is not working:
- Internet connectivity issues
- Bugs on your Roku device
- Issues with your Roku device
Methods to Fix Twitch Not Working Issue on Roku
The following are the methods you can use to fix the Twitch app not working issue on Roku:
- Check the Internet connection
- Restart the Twitch App
- Log out and log in back
- Restart Roku
- Clear all the cache on Roku
- Update Roku
- Uninstall and reinstall the twitch app
- Factory Reset the Roku
Fix 1: Check the Internet Connection
Whenever you face the not loading issue on the Twitch app, it occurs because of internet connectivity issues. So, first, ensure that you have a strong wifi signal. You can check the internet connectivity status from:
1. Select Settings from the Roku home screen.
2. Scroll down and select the Network option.
3. Choose the About option, and you will get your internet connectivity status.
If you find that your internet connectivity is not the problem, you can move to Fix 2. Otherwise, you have to restart your router by unplugging the cable from the power source and connecting it to the power source after a few minutes.
Fix 2: Restart the Twitch App
Restarting the Twitch app may fix the app from crashing, this is a simple way to fix the issue. Close the Twitch application for some time and open it again. Once the process gets over, check whether the issue has been fixed on the Twitch app if not, you can follow Fix 3.
Fix 3: Log out and Log in Back
Sometimes the issue may occur while logging which may lead the Twitch app to not load its content. You can fix this issue by logging out of the Twitch app. After you log out, wait for some time and log in to your account to fix the issue.
Fix 4: Restart Roku
Restarting Roku may help you to fix Twitch app from not working. This process helps you in clearing the bugs that persist on your Roku device.
1. Click the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Then, select Settings > System.
3. Now, select System Restart > Restart.
Once the restarting process gets over, open the Twitch app and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
Fix 5: Clear Cache on Roku
Sometimes Twitch app may not open because of the cache built up on your Roku device. Clearing the Cache on Roku will help you to fix the issues. This process will clear all the unwanted data that are stored in the Roku device.
1. Select the Home button Five times.
2. And press the UP button once, then the Rewind button Twice.
3. Tap the Fast forward button five times to clear the cache on Roku.
This will clear the cache on the Roku device. After this process, you can open the Twitch app to stream your favorites. If the fix has not worked for you, you can go to Fix 6.
Fix 6: Update Roku
Maybe your Roku device may be outdated and that’s why the Twitch app is not working on Roku. You can fix the issue by updating Roku to the latest version.
1. Select the Settings option from the Home screen.
2. Then, click the System from the following.
3. From System, choose System Update > Check Now.
4. When an update is found, Roku will automatically download and install it.
After this process, check if the Twitch app is working or not. If the Twitch app is not working yet, follow Fix 7.
Fix 7: Factory Reset Roku
In case you cannot fix the issues with the Twitch app, as a last resort, factory reset your Roku. This will remove all the errors on your Roku as well as delete all the data stored on your device.
1. Select the Settings option from the Roku home screen.
2. Scroll down and choose the System option. Next, hit the Advance system settings.
3. Under the Advance system settings, choose Factory reset.
4. Now, the security PIN will be displayed on the screen.
5. Enter the PIN and select OK.
After this process, all the data stored and settings will be removed from your Roku device. Next, you need to set up your Roku once again and install the Twitch app.
The above methods will fix all the issues that occur on the Twitch app. Finally, you can watch all the content you need.
No, children under 13 may not be allowed to use Twitch because of the age restrictions to keep kids and teens safe.
Due to some issues with Amazon, the Twitch app was removed from the Roku Channel Store.