If you are a fan of NFL games, you can install the NFL app on your Roku device from the Channel Store to stream the live matches. To watch the live matches of your favorite soccer team on Roku, you need to have an NFL Plus subscription. The NFL 2023 Season is heading into its 11th week, and 14 games are scheduled for November 16-20, 2023.
Apart from the NFL app, you can also watch the NFL matches with streaming services, which have access to live channels broadcasting NFL games. In this guide, we have mentioned both methods in detail. Choose the one you want and live stream the NFL matches from the comfort of your home.
Features of the NFL App
- With the NFL app, you can stream live and on-demand NFL coverage.
- Get information about NFL news, stats, insights, highlights, clips, and more.
- With the game center experience, you will get up-to-the-minute scores, in-game highlights, and drive charts.
- The NFL Game Pass subscription will let you replay every other game.
- Experience ad-free streaming on the app with the premium subscription.
- Includes live game audio feature.
Currently, the NFL offers two subscription plans to users in monthly and yearly billing cycles.
- NFL+ – $6.99/month or $39.99/year
- NFL Premium – $14.99/month or $79.99/year
By choosing the monthly subscription on either of the plans, you can get a 7-day free trial.
How to Sign Up for NFL Subscription
1. Open the browser on your smartphone or PC and visit the official website of the NFL.
2. Click NFL+ and select Subscribe.
3. Choose the plan and click Start 7-day free trial.
Note: The free trial is unavailable for Yearly plans.
4. Sign up for the NFL account by entering the necessary details, such as email address, DOB, and Zip Code.
5. Select your team from the list.
6. Enter the card details and complete the purchase.
How to Watch NFL on Roku
1. Go to the home screen of Roku and select the Streaming Channels option from the left pane.
2. Next, click on the Search Channels option.
3. With the virtual keyboard, enter and search for NFL.
4. From the search results, select NFL.
5. Choose the Add Channel button to initiate the adding process.
6. After the adding process, select the OK button from the prompt.
How to Add NFL on Roku using Roku Mobile App
You also have the option to add the NFL app immediately using the Roku app that is available for your Android or iOS devices.
2. Next, launch the Roku app after installation.
3. Click on the Profile icon from the upper right corner and select the Sign In button.
4. Enter your credentials to sign in with your Roku account.
5. After that, from the bottom right corner of your screen, tap on the Devices tab.
6. Next, connect your Android or iOS device and Roku to the same WiFi network.
7. You can now see your Roku app scanning for nearby devices. From there, select your Roku device.
8. Once your Roku device is successfully connected to the app, tap on the Channels tab.
9. Next, click the Channel Store tab.
10. Search and choose the NFL app.
11. Hit the Add Channel button from the channel info page.
12. Now, you must wait 24 hours for the NFL app to add to your channel’s list. If you can’t wait long, update Roku to get the channel immediately.
How to Activate NFL on Roku
1. Launch the NFL app on Roku and note the activation code.
2. If the activation code is not displayed on the screen, select the Log In or Sign In button to generate an activation code.
3. Next, open any web browser on your smartphone or PC.
4. Input the activation web page of the NFL and visit it.
5. Input the activation code on the required field and hit the Continue button.
6. Next, sign in with your cable TV subscription account.
7. Now, the NFL app on your Roku will be activated.
8. Return back to the NFL app and stream your favorite football matches live.
How to Watch NFL on Roku Without Cable and Game Pass
Fortunately, the NFL matches can also be streamed on your Roku device using streaming services. NFL matches are exclusively telecasted on FOX, NBC, CBS, ESPN, and ABC. You can get those channels in the lineups of the below-mentioned services.
How to Fix the NFL App Not Working on Roku
If the NFL app is not working on the Roku device, you can follow the below troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
1. Check whether the NFL server is down using official sources and websites like Downdetector.
2. If the internet speed is sluggish and the content doesn’t load, restart the router.
3. Check whether the subscription has expired.
4. Restart the NFL if the app responds slowly.
5. Reboot Roku when the app keeps crashing or freezing.
6. Uninstall and reinstall the NFL app.
7. Update Roku and try streaming the content on the app.
How to Watch NFL on Roku Outside the US
People outside the US can livestream the NFL matches online by purchasing the NFL Game Pass subscription offered by DAZN. You can purchase it along with your DAZN membership. Once you have purchased the subscription, install the DAZN app on Roku and configure the necessary credentials to watch the NFL matches either live or on-demand (highlights & replays).
Note – The cost of NFL Game Pass and DAZN may vary based on the country you’re residing in.
Schedule of NFL Season 2023 [Week 11]
|November 16||Cincinnati vs Baltimore||8:15 pm|
|November 19||Chicago vs Detroit|
Arizona vs Houston
Dallas vs Carolina
L.A. Chargers vs Green Bay
Las Vegas vs Miami
N.Y. Giants vs Washington
Pittsburgh vs Cleveland
Tennessee vs Jacksonville
Tampa Bay vs San Francisco
N.Y. Jets vs Buffalo
Seattle vs L.A. Rams
Minnesota vs Denver
|November 20||Philadelphia vs Kansas City||8:15 pm|
No. You need the necessary membership to live stream the NFL matches.
Yes. The NFL Season 2023 matches can also be streamed through DAZN with a premium subscription.
Yes. You can cancel the NFL Game Pass subscription on Roku only if you have purchased it using your Roku account.