You can find a lot of sports channels on the Roku Channel Store, and NFL is one among them. NFL is the most popular sporting event in the US, and the NFL season for 2022 is scheduled for September 8, 2022, to January 8, 2023. To stream the NFL games anytime, you need the NFL app. With the app, you can stream all the scheduled NFL games and the NFL Network live. Moreover, you can watch the football games live on Roku via the NFL app that can be added from the channel store.
Features of NFL
Get to know the features of the NFL channel below:
- With the NFL app, you can stream live as well as on-demand NFL coverage.
- Get information about NFL news, stats, insights, highlights, clips, and lots more.
- With the game center experience, you will get up-to-the-minute scores, in-game highlights, and drive charts.
- The NFL Game Pass subscription will let you replay every other game.
To access the NFL app, you need an NFL Game Pass subscription. The following are the subscription plans offered by the NFL Game Pass:
- Free – You can only access the NFL network and highlights of the NFL games.
- Pro – $129.00 per year
- Essential – $40.99 per year
You can visit the official website of the NFL Game Pass to get a subscription.
How to Add NFL on Roku
1. Go to the home screen of Roku and select the Streaming Channels option from the left pane.
2. Next, click on the Search Channels option.
3. With the virtual keyboard, enter and search for NFL.
4. From the search results, select NFL.
5. Choose the Add Channel button to initiate the adding process.
6. After the adding process completes, select the OK button from the prompt.
Alternative Method to Roku NFL on Roku
You also have the option to add the NFL app immediately using the Roku app that is available for your Android or iOS devices.
1. On your Android or iOS device, go to the Google Play Store or App Store and get the Roku app.
2. Next, launch the Roku app after installation.
3. Click on the Profile icon from the upper right corner and select the Sign In button.
4. Enter your credentials to sign in with your Roku account.
5. After that, from the bottom right corner of your screen, tap on the Devices tab.
6. Next, make sure to connect your Android or iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network.
7. You can now see your Roku app scanning for nearby devices. From there, select your Roku device.
8. Once your Roku device is successfully connected with the Roku app, tap on the Channels tab.
9. Next, click the Channel Store tab.
10. Search and choose the NFL app.
11. Hit the Add Channel button from the channel info page.
12. Now, you need to wait for 24 hours for the NFL app to add to your channel’s list. If you can’t wait too long, update Roku to get the channel immediately.
How to Activate NFL on Roku
1. Launch the NFL app on Roku and note down the activation code.
2. If the activation code is not displayed on the screen, select the Log In or Sign In button to generate an activation code.
3. Next, open any web browser on your smartphone or PC.
4. Input the activation web page of the NFL and visit it.
5. Input the activation code on the required field and hit the Continue button.
6. Next, sign in with your cable TV subscription account.
7. Now, the NFL app on your Roku will be activated.
8. Return back to the NFL app and stream your favorite football matches live.
You get Dofu Sports on Roku to stream the NFL games for free.
Yes, you can get the supported streaming service like Hulu, YouTube TV, DirecTV Stream, and more to stream the NFL games without a game pass.
Yes, you can add the NFL app to stream live NFL games on Roku.