Black Entertainment Television, known as BET channel, is the first American company run by African Americans. It is the number one channel among African American audiences, it also has over 30 million+ active monthly viewers, and they also produce hit movies like Boomerang, Undercover brother, etc. Moreover, the BET channel has been launched on various streaming devices. Here, let us discuss how to install BET on Roku.
With the BET channel on Roku, you can catch up on popular TV series like The Quad, Being Mary Jane, 50 Central, and more. In addition, you can also watch the current shows streaming on the BET channel, like Tyler Perry’s House of Payne, Twenties, BET Awards, American Soul, and more. To watch your favorites on the BET channel on Roku for free, you need to log in to your cable TV provider account that offers the BET channel.
How to Add BET Channel on Roku?
1. Turn on the Roku device and press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Select Streaming channels in the left pane.
3. Now, click the Search channels option.
4. Enter BET using the virtual keyboard and press the OK button.
5. From the list of suggestions, click the BET channel.
6. Tap Add channel to add the channel to your channels list.
7. Click Go to channel button to open the app.
8. You can now see an activation code displayed on the screen of your Roku. If not, select the Sign in or Log in button to generate an activation code.
Alternative Method – Add BET Channel to Roku
1. Open a web browser on your Smartphone or PC.
2. Next, input the URL of the Roku Channel Store: https://channelstore.roku.com/ and visit it.
3. Make sure to sign in with your Roku account.
4. Use the search bar to enter and search for the BET channel.
5. Click on the BET channel from the search result.
6. After that, click on the Add Channel button from the channel description page.
You can have now successfully placed a request to add the BET channel to Roku, and the same will be processed within 24 hours. You also can add the BET channel to Roku immediately; you just need to update Roku for that.
To launch the BET Channel, go to the home screen of Roku and select the Home tab from the left pane. Next, press the Right Arrow button on your Roku remote. Finally, choose the BET channel from the channel’s list and press the OK button on your remote.
How to Activate BET Channel on Roku?
1. Open a web browser on your smartphone or PC, and go to https://www.bet.com/activate.
2. Enter the activation code and click on the Continue button.
3. Next, choose your cable TV provider and sign in to your account.
4. You can now see the message “activation successful” on the new screen.
5. Go back to the BET channel on Roku and stream your favorite movies or TV shows.
How to Watch BET Channel Live on Roku Without a Cable
With the streaming service that carries the BET channel, you can access the BET channel without a cable. And the following are the streaming service supported on Roku that offers the BET channel.
You can get the BET channel as part of the fuboTV’s Pro plan at $69.99 per month. You can also get a 7-day free trial with the fuboTV subscription. As the fubotv on Roku offers 1000 hours of cloud DVR storage for their subscribers, you can record your favorite shows on BET along with the 90+ live TV channels offered by them.
2. DirecTV Stream
DirecTV Stream on Roku is the best choice if you need unlimited cloud DVR storage. But the drawback here is that this streaming service is a little bit expensive; that is, you have to subscribe to DirecTV Stream’s Entertainment plan at $69.99 per month to get the BET channel. To compensate for their expensive subscription plan, you will also receive 60+ live TV channels like Syfy, TBS, Fox News, Comedy Central, and more.
3. Sling TV
You can choose Sling TV on Roku if you need an affordable streaming service. You will only be required to subscribe to Sling TV’s Sling Blue plan at $35 per month to get the BET channel. Other features included with the Sling Blue subscription plan are 30 live TV channels, 50-hour cloud DVR storage, and the option to use your Sling TV account on three devices simultaneously.
Hulu on Roku is a widely known streaming service in the US. And as a part of the Hulu+ Live TV subscription plan at $69.99 per month, you can get the BET channel along with the 70+ live TV channels. That is not all; you will also receive 200 hours of cloud DVR storage. Also, two users can stream using your Hulu+Live TV account simultaneously.
Among all the streaming services Philo on Roku is the most affordable one. That is, you can easily get the services of Philo at $25 per month. You can stream the BET channel with 60+ premium live channels along with the subscription. Some live channels you can watch through Philo are AMC, History Channel, Lifetime, MTV, and more. Moreover, you will also get unlimited cloud DVR storage.
6. YouTube TV
Even with the YouTube TV on Roku subscription at $64.99 per month, you can get the BET channel. Like Philo, YouTube TV offers unlimited cloud DVR storage to record your favorite shows. Moreover, three users can stream simultaneously using your YouTube TV subscription account. Some notable channels you can stream through YouTube TV are truTV, Hallmark Channel, ESPN, Freeform, and more.
Yes, you can watch BET on Roku.
No, you just have to log in with the participating cable TV provider account to access BET on Roku.